The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 11-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #16
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

My cock is mentally challenged.

and if lookout drew a brownish purple line on his head from crown to brow, .....from behind he'd look like a penis with ears.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #17
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
See, the difference is, you adults are free to pursue whatever you like, with no authority figure above you meddling, and furthermore the societal pressure is towards romance, rather than away from it like it is in high school.
Ibram, if you think people stop meddling in your life when you reach your majority, I'm telling you that's simply not true.

And have a think about this. What about all the people out there who think they've got the right one, have a couple of kids and then whamo! It's all over. How hard do you think it is to find someone to take on you AND the kids you had with someone else?

Trust me, no matter what stage of life you're at, you'll face challenges in meeting the right person who happens to be traveling in the same direction as you.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #18
Ibby
erika

I'm not even talking about finding someone to settle down with, i'm talking about someone to have dinner with, see movies with, screw around with, and just hang out with.
Adults have a much wider range of options on that front, I'm certain. Even though some don't, its still easier for adults to find both someone to date casually or someone to hook up with.

I know I don't have the benefit of being there to be able to see for myself but i'm sure that the options are indeed wider for someone who doesnt have to worry about mommy and daddy, or whatever.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #19
Aliantha

No, they're not.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #20
Ibby
erika

Whatever, dear. That wasn't even my point to begin with, i dont think. My point was mostly just bitching about not havin' anybody, and being romantically starved, and needing some kind of excitement in my life.

though note that every single one of you are getting more than I am, or at least have gotten more than I have. Case closed!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #21
Aliantha

Well when I was your age I wasn't getting any. I had boyfriends during high school etc, but nothing much too serious really (although I thought at the time they were very serious). Hindsight is 20 20 vision though.

You're only 16. What's the big hurry anyway? You'll have plenty of time to bemoan the fact that you're not getting any when you're old and withered like the rest of us.

Maybe you should join a club?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #22
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Adults may not have the same sort of authority figures micromanaging us, but trust me, the responsibilities that that we (apparently) willingly shoulder make me wish to fuck that I *was* 17 again. At that age, I had more sex, more money, more free time (well, okay - now that my marriage is open, I'm having more sex now, but barely) and more self-determination about who I was and what I was doing than I've seen since I became a husband and a parent.

Growing up provides a certain small amount of a very narrow range of freedoms, but the responsibilities and stress that come with it are waaaayyyy the hell out of proportion for what you get in the bargain. And if you think its tough to have a relationship *now*, at your tender age, wait until you're on the second open marriage stage of your second marriage, and you're trying to figure out how involved you want to get with a very hot alternative partner who is trying to figure out if they want to leave *their* second spouse just because you are a lot easier and more providing of escapist pleasures and you remind them of how much easier and more fun it is to not have those burdens hanging over you.

I'm tellin' ya, man...suck it up and enjoy your youth. It only gets weirder from there.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #23
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Take LJ for example. We all know he is seriously mentally challenged, and we respect and care for him because he doesn't make a point of telling us he is handicapped, he just lets us figure it out by reading his normal posts. Get the difference?
Ok, maybe I could have been more subtle about it, but I was just making a point to Ibram.

Seem you're the only one who's making a big deal about this. If you let it go, I will.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #24
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
My cock is mentally challenged.

and if lookout drew a brownish purple line on his head from crown to brow, .....from behind he'd look like a penis with ears.
do whut?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #25
Ibby
erika

You were making no such point, you were bitching about your problems in my bitching thread. I thought you were the one that believed in that thread ownership crap anyway?

Mm, I think I'm allowed to snap at him just this once. I've done an admirable job thus far haven't i? If it was merc tryin' to get a rise out of me I'd have already retaliated for sure. Pretty sad, really, that I care more about merc...
Old 11-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #26
lookout123
changed his status to single

ok, pity party bitch fest ends now. Ibram - life is good my friend, let it unravel one day at a time and enjoy each day for what it is. even if it is complete shit, it's only 24 hours out of the thousands you have ahead of you.

drax. i'm done bustin your balls.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #27
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Ibram - any chance that your parents would let you get a job? Or is that not possible since you're not technically a citizen? I met several long-term boyfriends at work over the years. If the people at school suck, you've got to branch out. And hey, why not the Taipei European school? European girls are totally hot for the mildly angsty androgynous thing.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #28
Ibby
erika

Hey hey hey, I'm not unhappy, just bitching. There's a difference! I really am a pretty damn happy kid.

CF - I'm not allowed to work, legally, here, except at AIT (our not-technically-an-embassy) -- which i am doing this winter break -- and TES kids are mostly stuck-up, rude, and our two schools are often pretty rival-like. And there's really very little contact between the schools, i really wouldnt even know where to begin trying to get in with any of them.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #29
lookout123
changed his status to single

ah, but see that is the key Ibram - rival schools. don't you kids watch any movies from the '80's anymore?

you need to find a way to befriend a good girl from that school, like right now. friend, not girlfriend, not fuckbuddy. why? 1) because if all else fails you will have at least one new friend, 2) because if you are a good guy and you are a good friend to her, she will inevitably introduce you to her circle of friends from that school. then you have the chance to be the slightly eccentric, but genuine, american guy. dude rival school hookups rule. most of the girls will cautiously watch you while they try to figure out if you're just another guy looking for a shag. don't take the low lying fruit, be a good guy. within a month or two the guys from that school will be split into two camps, both work in your favor: 1) dumbass knuckledraggers who will look down on you and call you "fag". their girls may laugh at first but when they see you react with relaxed maturity, they will think again and you will be moved into the 'intriguing" column, 2) the other camp will recognize your most excellent character and welcome you in as a friend and you will get to interact with them and their girlfriends. their girlfriends have girlfriends.

live life man, you're young and it is in the palm of your hand. you get to be the eccentric american if you want it.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #30
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
you're young
Not try to bust yer chops, but according to yer profile, yer younger than me. :p