The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 07-10-2020, 08:27 PM   #316
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I saw this message on the big reader board outside a coffee stand today.

I agree.

Name:  EbdNKhJVAAEiK0k.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  45.4 KB
Old 07-10-2020, 08:31 PM   #317
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Here are a couple more timely messages :

Name:  wearing-your-mask-like-this-is-like-wearing-your-underwear-like-this.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  EbT6WjpWoAEaoJw.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  71.8 KB
Old 07-10-2020, 08:33 PM   #318
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

One more

Name:  rawImage.png
Views: 324
Size:  215.7 KB
Old 07-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #319
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I saw this message on the big reader board outside a coffee stand today.

I agree. ...
It's just the opposite. The people who want masks worn by everyone are wearing the wrong masks. If those people wear the right masks (e.g. N95); then, those who don't want to wear masks wouldn't have to. They wouldn't pose a hazard to the mask wearers who don't want to take that risk and the risk would be mutually acceptable among non-wearers. A no-brainer.

Other infection control measures that pro-mask people are supposed to be implementing routinely would negate the other ramifications of some people not wearing masks. That those who are pro-mask won't wear the right masks and are instead trying to force everyone to wear the wrong masks to take up the slack for their misfeasance is political.

I'm pro-mask and wear an N95 plus practice other standard infection control techniques; so, I couldn't care less if others are determined to not wear masks. Live and let die.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:52 PM   #320
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

People not wearing a mask can be contaminating surfaces that transfer viri virusi virusers viruses to you and your clothing.
Now you get in your car then rip off that damn mask and breath easier.
But while you drive those little bastards are being swept off your clothing into your air supply.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:16 PM   #321
sexobon

People wearing a mask that isn't an N95 can be contaminating surfaces that transfer viruses to you and your clothing. Those little bastards are being swept through their mask and off of it into your air supply and you can't do anything about it. You don't seem to be too concerned about that.

Yet, even though when you get in your car and rip off that damn mask to breath easier you can put it in a plastic bag, which is what you should be doing anyway in case you're already a carrier, you whine about it.

Explain yourself lady laddy.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #322
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What we do not need is my mask is better than your mask neener neener neener.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:27 PM   #323
sexobon

You know how people carry plastic bags with which to pick up their dog's shit from other people's lawns, just remove your facemask the same way and you'll be fine.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #324
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I don't pick up dog shit, I'll just hand the mask on the shifter for next time
Old 07-11-2020, 10:36 PM   #325
sexobon

So sorry to hear that you don't have a glove compartment you can repurpose as a mask compartment.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:22 AM   #326
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I put my masks inside up on the dash of my vehicle so it gets baked by the sun. So Neener, Neener, Neener!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #327
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Britain's GDP has suffered the worst downturn for all European countries. Which makes sense when one was listening to professionals. Britain has a worst decline at almost 12% followed by less downturns in France, Italy, and Spain. Germany, that took actions based in science, has only suffered a 7% downturn. Other nations that made decisions from facts also suffered much less economic harm include Portugal and Norway, Countries that suffered the most Covid-19 deaths, due to inaction, are now suffering the greatest economic downturns.
Trump repeatedly denied Covid-19. Did everything he could to avoid a shutdown (necessary to stop Covid-19 spreading). Obstructed even testing. Encouraged Americans to spread the virus by not wearing masks. Since he only wants to be reelected - and has a 30 second attention span.

Results of his lying arrived today in economic data. American economy has never suffered a worse economic downturn - ever. A -9.5% GDP downturn this quarter (April to June). Even after May and June saw a strong upturn. An annual rate of -32.9%. Three times larger than any other American economic downturn. A downturn that appears in most every economic sector - also unpresidented. A number that is expected to become worse in a third quarter as a second wave of this Trump virus gets worse.

Economies that do shutdown, to stop a spreading virus, suffer least economic harm. But that is too hard for someone whose attention span is only 30 seconds, is openly supported by people who only want to 'wreck shit', and whose only purpose in life is to advance himself at the expense of all others (also called a narcissistic personality disorder).

From the NY Times: [quote}The collapse was unprecedented in its speed and breathtaking in its severity. The only possible comparisons in modern American history came during the Great Depression and the demobilization after World War II, both of which occurred before the advent of modern economic statistics. ...

It was the 19th straight week that the tally exceeded one million, an unheard-of figure before the coronavirus pandemic. And it was the second weekly increase in a row after nearly four months of declines, a sign of how the rebound in cases has undercut the economy’s nascent recovery. Claims for the previous week totaled 1.42 million. ...

What’s more, fears are growing that after rebounding strongly in May and June, the economy has run out of steam, with many states reversing the reopening of businesses.[/quote]
Nations that address the problem up front when it was obvious (January, February, March) do not have such massive economic damage and job losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Early science suggest it will still be problem into August.
That number then was shocking and widely denied. Today, consider a problem continuing until January 2021.

Trump will do anything to promote himself. He now want to suspend November elections using the excuse that election fraud is now widespread. Lying. Calling it
Quote:
With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:28 PM   #328
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Yeah, he really said/tweeted that. Of course, true to form, he's backing away from it in response to the strong negative public reaction.

This is his paralipsis in action.

"I'm not saying, I'm just saying." Having his cake and eating it too.

Fine, eat your cake, IDGAF. SPOILER :The cake is a lie. But why do you get mad when we take seriously the things you say? It's ok, we know why you get mad. In six months you will return to your own cacophonous bubble of irrelevance.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #329
sexobon

I heard they're going to get rid of the penny and the nickel and put Trump on a new three dollar bill!
Old 07-30-2020, 09:35 PM   #330
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Narcissistic personality disorder attached to a 30 second attention span. 40% of America worships that type person.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote