The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 10-31-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
John Sellers
Banned

Need some advice.

I need to verify my Google account, and I've tried all other avenues to no avail.

I am stuck at...

Name:  Can't Verify account.PNG
Views: 595
Size:  20.2 KB

My landline phone # isn't being accepted, and I don't have a cell phone.

Any advice?
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:30 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Probably because "text" is checked, did you try "automated voice"?
Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #3
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

This appears to be a rather common problem. Have you tried their account recovery form? https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Probably because "text" is checked, did you try "automated voice"?
Yes, Bruce. I tried both. I even tried getting a verification code sent to my SMS to PC service. None worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
This appears to be a rather common problem. Have you tried their account recovery form? https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1
Same results.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Fuck any internet company that wants my cell number. Or any other company for that matter. If your name (or the word I put in my phone to represent you) doesn't appear on the screen, you get ignored.

I get enough bullshit calls as it is.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Fuck any internet company that wants my cell number. Or any other company for that matter. If your name (or the word I put in my phone to represent you) doesn't appear on the screen, you get ignored.

Not every company is out to fuck up your life.

As far as your "bullshit" calls go, about 4 months ago, I discovered that some telemarketing companies have their on Do Not Call lists, and if you call them, you'll get an option to have your number put on their list.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #7
John Sellers
Banned

At least I don't need a Google account to watch vidz on YouTube. Just can't subscribe, like, or comment.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:19 AM   #8
CS2011

Have you tried to contact Google? Honestly I don't think they'd come up with a reasonable solution, but at least you could try.
I had a similar issue, I just gave them my girlfriends number. Works as a temporary solution.

Charles
Old 11-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #9
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Welcome, Charles!

Can't help any further than other people have, John.
Got locked out of my own YouTube account as they had the email address of I job I'd left, and I changed my mobile phone number.
I did everything I possibly could, but despite never posting anything even remotely inflammatory, they just would not accept all of my details as proof I was the person who had set up the account.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #10
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post

As far as your "bullshit" calls go, about 4 months ago, I discovered that some telemarketing companies have their on Do Not Call lists, and if you call them, you'll get an option to have your number put on their list.
Nope. That do not call line that some companies have is a bullshit way of knowing that I responded. Kay Hagan was running for reelection to the NC senate 2 years ago. Her volunteers called everyday. I finally said will you motherflickers quit calling me, but they they still called. I voted for that Tom guy. Tom got elected too. The more she attacked him, the more I wanted to vote for him.

tarheel
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
I know that. But, if I treat every company that way I'm happier, and that's what I'm after.

Thank God for Caller ID.

The other day the landline rang, I looked at the little screen and it said "Political Call". I almost answered just to say "Thanks for IDing yourself, dumbass.".

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #12
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2011 View Post
Have you tried to contact Google?
I called their support number at 650-253-0000, and pressed 2, then 6 on the automated voice menu, which is the only way to get a real person if you have the patience to wait on hold for a minimum of 15 minutes. I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
Nope. That do not call line that some companies have is bullshit.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. They work much better than the National Do Not Call Registry. Every telemarketing company I call back that has an in-company Do Not Call list, I press 1 to be put on the list, and BOOM SHOCKA LAKA...no more calls.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:29 PM   #13
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post

So that was you!! ~lol

tarheel
Old 11-02-2016, 06:43 PM   #14
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
I called their support number at 650-253-0000, and pressed 2, then 6 on the automated voice menu, which is the only way to get a real person if you have the patience to wait on hold for a minimum of 15 minutes. I don't.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. They work much better than the National Do Not Call Registry. Every telemarketing company I call back that has an in-company Do Not Call list, I press 1 to be put on the list, and BOOM SHOCKA LAKA...no more calls.
I feel honored that you disagreed. Sounds weird. Lately I have used the blocking feature on my cell phone. Phuck the phone company too.

tarheel
Old 11-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #15
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
Nope. That do not call line that some companies have is a bullshit way of knowing that I responded. Kay Hagan was running for reelection to the NC senate 2 years ago. Her volunteers called everyday. I finally said will you motherflickers quit calling me, but they they still called. I voted for that Tom guy. Tom got elected too. The more she attacked him, the more I wanted to vote for him.

tarheel
Political organizations are exempt from complying with the DNC list. Surprise surprise.

details of the registry here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation..._Call_Registry