The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-10-2005, 07:51 AM   #31
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

You can still check in from time to time from a library. It's free!
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #32
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR
You can still check in from time to time from a library. It's free!
I remember the good ole' days when you could just walk up to an unused computer in the library and browse away. But now you need a library card. And to get one, you need proof of identity. Then, you have to log in with your library card number which conveniently connects each user to his/her browsing history. Which, I'm sure, is stored and scanned.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #33
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Follow the smell to the homeless crazy guy. Once you have established that he is indeed the homeless crazy guy and not some academic sleeping in the library on a lunchbreak, offer him $20 for his library card.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:33 PM   #34
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Hell, Wolf. Where's your sense of adventure? I say roll the guy in the History aisle and TAKE it!

Brian
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:09 AM   #35
mrnoodle
bent

busterb, check in. How many hours/days were you able to string together booze-free. If you fell off the wagon, get back on the fucker. It stops and waits for you, you know.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #36
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Good luck busterb. Just remember you are worth the effort. I guy I heard talking about careers advice to a group of students just recently, gave some very good advice. He said, "You're all better than you think you are" I would say that holds true for most of us, youself included

Brianna, sounds like you've been having a really horrid time lately, you have my total sympathy. Judging by some of my own acquaintances who work in various parts of the NHS, drug and alcohol problems seem to be something of an occupational hazard. Good luck getting yourself back on an even keel. You've got a lot of people wishing you well *smiles*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:38 AM   #37
busterb
NSABFD

Well I made 6 days. I have to say I haven't really tried. Monday is the day to put my ass in gear and stop procrastinating. Which has killed more drunks than anything.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:41 AM   #38
Griff
still says videotape

Keep grinding fella. Have you made any changes in your daily habits?
Old 05-14-2005, 07:44 AM   #39
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's good, Buster.
Here is something that may amuse you.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:13 AM   #40
busterb
NSABFD

Well my daily habits have been busy this week. Planting my garden. So far 50' row of LA.purple pod beans, 22 mater plants, 6 egg plants, 7 hills of cucumbers, 4 hot peppers and maybe a few okra plants. Damn I'm too old for this shit can hardly walk after crawling around in garden. Still need to mo-de-lawn. Humidity is so damn high makes breathing a bitch. Bruce the link goes to show rednecks still have uh oh well
Old 05-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Busterb--try any AA meetings? They're not for everyone but it does help me when I'm feeling low. I especially like lead meetings where somebody tells their story. They've usually had it worse than me and it helps to see they've made it through.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #42
busterb
NSABFD

Yes need to start again. Once was the group rep. for here. I still have a set of keys for all our stuff.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Damn I'm too old for this shit can hardly walk after crawling around in garden.
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to sit on the veranda and bark orders to the field hands, cracking the bullwhip for effect. Just pass on the mint juleps
Farming, even in miniature, is back breaking labor. Personally, I've never found that savory salad or side dish worth the pain and suffering. Communing with nature means being one with eighty eight jillion types of insects and creepy crawlers. Sure, it keeps you busy but the Bufferin bill is excessive.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:45 AM   #44
busterb
NSABFD

I found this today in what will be an unnamed post. "But I'm a grown man and an Irish man at that. I know all about drinking." Yep me too.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:19 PM   #45
busterb
NSABFD

A drunk don't stand a chance. The economics and math just kills us. You get a six pack for less than 4 bucks, a 12 pack for around 7, then a case for around 11. So the math tells you the case is a better buy. Even though you swore you were only going to have a few to feels better. Same with 1/2 pint, pint, qt and 1/2 gal. Next Am you wonder who stopped by & helped you drink all that shit? NO one. Yes I know all about drinking. I just wish the hell I didn't.