Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-10-2003, 01:28 AM   #1
Nothing But Net
Professor

Rep. Bob Barr (R-GA) is a two-faced asshole who is worthy of your scorn

Thank dog he is an ex-rep ---

He was well known as a leader in Congress against medicinal marijuana, and more or less a 'hanging judge' in general when it came to the 'War on Drugs'.

<a href="http://www.lp.org/press/archive.php?function=view&record=601">Suffer and die, pothead!</a>

Now this jerkwad is weighing in against presumed guilt (a la 'Minority Report') when it comes to drinking (or getting drunk, I suppose) in a licensed bar.

<a href="http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20030109-78847680.htm">Gestapo tactics</a>

I guess getting high is OK in his book as long as it's using your own preferred drug of choice, Mr. Barr?

The 9th level of Hell is reserved for hypocrites. Remember that, you strunz.

Last edited by Nothing But Net; 01-10-2003 at 01:33 AM.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:59 AM   #2
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Re: Rep. Bob Barr (R-GA) is a two-faced asshole who is worthy of your scorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Nothing But Net
Now this jerkwad is weighing in against presumed guilt (a la 'Minority Report') when it comes to drinking (or getting drunk, I suppose) in a licensed bar.
That is bullshit. First the taverns, then your home.

Makes me wonder what precedence that could set for other similar "controversial" activities. Like legal shooting sports.

I still think medical marijuana should be legal. For that matter, recreational marijuana should be too, but I understand the whole bogus "drug war" would slowly wane if it were. There are entirely too many people earning a living and paying their mortgages by fighting drugs for them to ever allow that to happen.

Last edited by slang; 01-10-2003 at 02:01 AM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 02:39 AM   #3
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I have a clip of a Libertarian commercial with a woman dying of cancer hooked up to tubes in a hospital bed barely able to talk asking why Bob Barr wants to arrest her and put her in jail.

He's yet another enemy of America and should be put to death in my book; not by the government but by someone whose family member suffered so badly without their medicine they killed themselves, or by someone who spent a large part of their life in jail for a non-violent drug offense (which the fed has no legal authority to make illegal but that's another topic), or by someone avenging the federal government's murder of Peter McWilliams.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 06:26 AM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
...by someone avenging the federal government's murder of Peter McWilliams.
I'm not one to call for vendetta but I was seeing red when McWilliams was murdered. Compounding the harshness was his having died from what he described in his book.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:34 PM   #5
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do : The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in Our Free Country is the best book I've ever read.

I stumbled across it while doing a research paper on the benefits of legalized prostitution in college. And my brother ran into it too. We were surprised to find that we both had it and loved it. I barely missed the opportunity to meet Peter and it was his death that got me to stop just voting for Libertarians and to start being an activist. I have sworn to his mother than I will work until my dying breath to end the drug war and make all drugs 100% legal so more people aren't murdered by our government like he was. I won't stop there though. I won't stop until we've got a Libertarian president, Libertarian controlled congress, and a mostly Libertarian USSC. I might die first, but I'll pass the torch to my kids.

If you want to read the book before you decide to pay for it or not Peter McWilliams made it (and his other books) available online for free. Just use the link I made above and you can read it online.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote