The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #31
Saknussem
Coronation Incarnate

Who does the baking at the North Pole? Santa's wife, right? And one of the best and yummiest Christmas desserts is a Yule Log. So, here, I present to you . . .
Santa's Log, otherwise known as Mrs. Claus' Buche.

Saknussem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #32
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

One of my brothers, A couple of nephews and I at Mom's having an after dinner hoedown....Name:  mom & dads 12 26 09 009.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  97.6 KB
Old 12-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #33
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Scriveyn excellent lamb and Snaknussem that yule log looks too pretty to eat.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #34
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Hoedown looks fun!

And yah, the log looks way too pretty to eat. Pale for a yule log too. Most yule logs I've seen are dark brown and dusted with 'snow'.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #35
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Name:  image005.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  82.0 KB
She LOVED her new sled! (Zipfy too!) Trying to upload the video - absolutely no fear.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #36
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I remember the day of the sleds and tobaggans. She looks like she is having fun.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #37
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Name:  I Love Snow.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  24.7 KB
Amazing what a snow bunny she is, after being born in sunny So Cal - she has definitely acclimated quite nicely.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #38
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

"SnowBunny" is the first thing that came to mind! cute kid!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You know, in the end Boxing Day wasn't so bad.

Sis & (now slightly more dysfunctional) family came - although we weren't sure if they were coming until 10.00 on said day.
And played happy family apart from a couple of tense stand offs due to ill-phrased remarks and a hissed convo between sis and Mum which kept everyone out of the kitchen for about 15 minutes.

So there was tension, which does upset me more than it should. But no outright rows at least.

And I finally realised how unattractive cheating and lies are. I was always indulged by my friends. When I was >15 I was very small, physically. I was babied a bit, despite my sharp edges. I used to cheat blatantly at things like cards and other games with a wide-eyed "I didn't understand the rules!" expression. When I was <16 I had big knockers. So cheating at things like pool and crazy golf were completely acceptable, because no-one was looking at your score card.

But my niece cheated at the general knowledge game we were playing. Mum and I were on her team and dissauded her as much as possible. But she also lied. Example, saying she had had the right answer but that I had made her cross it out. WHA??!! It was a number based quiz. Might as well enter my Dad in a spelling bee. I would never "make" someone amend an answer. I only know my PIN number because I use rhyming words for it and can visualise a story. Example if my number was 2095 - which it is not! - it would be shoe, oh, vine, hive - a clown (big shoe), falling down a hole (OH!), climbing up a vine, only to find a beehive at the top, running around being stung. It really isn't as complicated as it sounds, because the visual image works. Seriously - I only have two cards (one a cashpoint/ ATM only and one a pre-pay credit card. I still use a story for each of them...

So, GRRR. We won, but I didn't value the win

Glad they brought the game though (it was a simple card game and I applaud it even though it hit my weakest subject).

Even better, my BIL started a lively game of the Minister's Cat, which engaged all of us without any sniping, and no point scoring. Yay for parlour games!

And anyway, my bro was there and we exchanged a couple of sly/ in jokes and had some fun. Mum's been pretty tetchy since yeaterday, but she does have an examination on Weds, so she might be gearing up for it. I've come up tonight to escape from her. I'll go out walking tomorrow (as I did today) and hope the mood passes.

This time next year... One way or another I will just be a visitor in this house.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #40
Saknussem
Coronation Incarnate

It is pale actually, because I didn't make the usual mocha silk frosting. Instead, I used some cocoa powder, some vanilla extract, some SuperFine Baker's Sugar, and a LOT of heavy cream and made Chocolate Whipped Cream as a coating. There were no complaints, lol!
Saknussem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #41
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Spent the early Christmas morning driving to MA. The Oak dresser I bought for Mom hadn't been delivered to my brother. Afternoon in the nursing home with Mom.
Saturday with Mom and then visit my 89 year old Aunt. Sunday at the nursing home for Mom's 90th birthday, the back to PA.

Today the dresser was delivered.
Quote:
Well I was home this afternoon but when I received your email I went downstairs and sure enough it was on the carport leaning against the house. The box was only 10” thick. Sure enough I unpacked it and it is knocked down. 27 pieces not including the legs and hardware. One piece is broken. It is a drawer side marked H3. It is broken in two at the slot that is milled in it for the drawer bottom. I can most likely glue it but if a part is available that would be better.
Motherfuckers.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:42 AM   #42
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Now that will make you want to snatch a knot in somebody's ass.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #43
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

That really sux! I'm not too far from you . . . if I can help let me know.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #44
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Um, yeah... but the dresser is 300 miles away and the manufacturer is a thousand. The drawback of shopping online.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #45
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Ohhhh - gotcha!