The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #16
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

This was a bit of a diversion, but this thread just reminded me of an incident that happened about a year ago.
We had a regular customer that was VERY memorable because he was super cute, flirtatious and foreign (South America don't remember for sure). We had been discussing his absence over the last few weeks wondering where he might be. Day later he comes in and he's been totally busted up, head wrapped up, face half swollen, arm in swing, all that. He's with his family that came to stay with him from his country during his recovery. They tell us he got a brand new BMW 7, never rode a bike before, and got on it drunk. He had been laying in a coma during most of the weeks he hadn't been around.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #17
Cloud

looks silly? who cares?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #18
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Stay with the scooter. I've been wanting one but have no parking for it. When I see someone driving a scooter I feel my inner enviousness churning and have to tamp it down.

You are doing your part in conserving gasoline so You go girl! Hold your head up high. Be proud because it IS in.

..so cool
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #19
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
BrianR - do you track your motorcycle gas mileage? Just curious.
I used to get 40-45 mpg on my 1987 Honda Shadow 750.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #20
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

The Honda CB250 is as bulletproof a design as can be found in motorcycles. It hasn't changed in decades. It gets ~70 mpg and you can take it on the highway, not the interstate mind you.

I just gave mine to a friend who is short and fat and she can ride it fine.

+1 to the MSF course if you haven't ridden a bike. It helps the insurance or so I'm told.

My '04 Shadow 750 gets 45+ on the interstate at ~80 mph and I pay $170 a year for full coverage, roadside service, theft, accessories, collision and all that.

The mid-size cruiser market is the fastest growing market in bikes right now.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #21
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

you ought to go with a 'classy-retro' scooter like a vespa.. sweet rides. aside from that.. who cares if people think you look silly riding one..just think..all the money you'll save you can apply towards a jetpack.. 21st century here you come!

also depends on how far you have to go and in what driving conditions you're subjected to.

my old bike was/is a 87 honda 550four.. ran like a top.. cheap to insure (although once I asked an insurance agent why motorcycle insurance was so cheap..his reply " well, if you get in a wreck..most times you aren't going to be coming back to make your claim" )which is mostly true. But as a bicyclist for many years I have developed the uber-paranoia that you need to be in traffic with most of these ya-hoos... especially since the everyone uses cell phones whilst driving, around here anyway.

Last edited by cowhead; 08-15-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: oops... forgot something
cowhead is offline   Reply With Quote