Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Olympics watched so far

4-man coxless: I'm always up for the easy dick joke. This is actually rowing with nobody calling when to stroke. Interest: mild

Some long cycle race through the country: People crashed. I didn't know anyone in the race. I didn't think I would watch the whole thing under any circumstance. Jacquelita noticed the awesome landscapes in the background and that became the thing to look at. It became annoying that there was a race going on. Interest: moderate

Beach volleyball: I thought this sport was only invented to have hot lean bodies in tiny swimsuits. They should have judges for that. The Aussie men beat the US men because one of our guys couldn't block. You would think they could find someone who could block. So I'm calling shenanigans on this "sport". Even with the hot bodies I can't remember anyone paying any amount to watch this "sport" in person, unless they were teenage lads playing it on a video game. I can't remember it ever being televised on any network except for ESPN2, and even then it was on at 1:30 am and I don't think they bothered to identify which team was which. Interest: tad

Swimming: is better since they have the new cameras to watch better underwater. Some people seem to do it a tiny bit faster than the others. Some times the races are close and sometimes they are not. Interest: little

Synchronized diving: another bogus "sport". This one involved two guys diving at the same time to see if they could, you know, dive at the same time. Some of em could do it real good, others couldn't. An announcer was too excited that the Brits had taken silver, the first medal in any diving event for them since 1960. The announcer was helpful in determing for us which of the divers had entered the water before the other, thus messing up the whole synchronization of the dive. Interest: none

8-man, uh, with cox: somehow more interesting than the coxless. Now they described the race with the added technical detail of number of sculls per minute. Interest: some
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote