The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #1126
glatt

I know a guy who quoted that movie once. Once.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #1127
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Just watched Johnny Dangerously again last night. It wasn't as funny as I remembered. I think it's one of those movies that is quoted a lot because the quotes are funny.

I was surprised that the move was only 93 minutes, it seemed to go on for hours. Very slow pacing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I know a guy who quoted that movie once. Once.
It shoots through schools.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:13 AM   #1128
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Just saw "2010: Moby Dick". If you like hilariously bad flix, ya gotta see this moobie.

"Exam", now I really liked this flick.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #1129
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I watched, Wall street:Money Never Sleeps.

It was original enough. There were a couple of parts where the acting was glaringly bad but I still liked it.

My favorite part was the soundtrack. Maybe that raised the whole film up a few notches.
What is annoying is the soundtrack being sold doesn't include all of the songs from the movie.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #1130
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Johnny Dangerously is one of my favorite watch again movies.

I've seen The Polar Express and Despicable Me recently.

Love the minions.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #1131
monster
I hear them call the tide

We tried to watch The Big Chill. What a pile of pants! Sooooo Slow. Was it really the classic they reckon? Or is that just round here because it features U of M grads?

The recent outdoor hockey game in the Big house ws named after this movie. Why? we wonder....
Old 12-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #1132
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
We tried to watch The Big Chill. What a pile of pants! Sooooo Slow. Was it really the classic they reckon? Or is that just round here because it features U of M grads?

The recent outdoor hockey game in the Big house ws named after this movie. Why? we wonder....
Maybe it was the soundtrack that won people over...?
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #1133
Griff
still says videotape

How to Kill Your Neighbors Dog- most excellent
Old 12-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #1134
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

The Big Chill was very much a product of the self-absorbed 80s, targeting people who had focused on themselves so much that life had passed them by. It always surprised me that they never bothered to reflect on the possibility that the dude killed himself because he realized he had such a lame-ass bunch of friends.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 12-31-2010, 10:53 AM   #1135
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Baby boomers working hard at their baby boomer selves for their baby boomer audience with their baby boomer soundtrack.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #1136
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
The Big Chill was very much a product of the self-absorbed 80s, targeting people who had focused on themselves so much that life had passed them by. It always surprised me that they never bothered to reflect on the possibility that the dude killed himself because he realized he had such a lame-ass bunch of friends.
I think you nailed that!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #1137
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

OMG, I just saw these posts on The Big Chill.

SRSLY! I remember my ex (10 years my senior) thought it was wonderful. I'm like "omg what a bunch of nimrods...and yeah RIGHT we're such good friends I'm going to let you fuck my husband." (cue to bemused loving soooo sacrificing face of Glenn Close.) UGH.

And typically, I like ensemble acting and movies like that. I suppose someone younger than me would probably laugh their ass off at St Elmo's Fire (of course, I rewatched that a few months ago and it was pretty silly in retrospect.)

I liked the SNL spoof where Glenn Close is downstairs and her husband and whoever he was trying to impregnate bounced the bedsprings for, like, HOURS. Wish I could find a clip.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #1138
monster

beest thought it was a poor rip off of Peter's Friends.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #1139
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I blame the snow.

The snow and that I was in a happy french toast afterglow. I bought bread, milk, and eggs, what else was I to do?

And it's a free Showtime weekend from Comcast.

I watched Eclipse.

I am now watching Inglorious Basterds in hopes of regaining my sense of self.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #1140
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I watched the end of Inglourious Basterds. I do like Q.T. but didn't know if I would like this particular movie. I wish I had seen all of it now.

I thought Brad Pitt, by his very character was somewhat of a comic relief. I don't know if this was intentional or not. Probably was.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies