The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 11-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

One Year Old!!

My little girl celebrated her first birthday on November 15th this year, even though her actual birthday isn't until the 27th. I wanted her to have a little celebration separate from all the Thanksgiving craziness; in addition, it was the only weekend all of us that I wanted AT the party would be home!

We had the party at Ted's house. "Aunt" Arwen and "Uncle" William came over, and Arwen brought cupcakes!! Kaitlin received a WONDERFUL new convertible car seat (it can be both rear- and front-facing) which she'd desperately needed and I wasn't going to have the money for for a while. She also got a cute lil bath toy; a boat with stackable rings and a shape puzzle. She hasn't had it in the tub yet; she's been having too much fun with it in her playpen!

For dinner, we had steak and salads and baked potatoes. It was DELICIOUS! The men did all the cooking, so Arwen and I giggled at the messy cupcake-eating baby and played with her. Kaitlin was very wound up by the excitement and all the sugar in her cupcake, so she didn't doze off til after Arwen and William had left and Ted and I each slipped away to bed. But she had a BLAST, and absolutely loved her cupcake and her new toy and carseat.

She is having a wonderful time in her new carseat. She can see out the side windows now, and nearly every trip (if she doesn't fall asleep!) is a running commentary on what she sees outside, along with squeals of delight and occasionally applause. I admit, I occasionally turn my rear view mirror so I can watch her face, and only use the two side mirrors for watching traffic around me. TOO CUTE!!

by the way, pics at www.myspace.com/beckynichols23 for those who care to see. You'll need a Myspace account to get in and see them, though, so if you don't have the account and want to see the pics, PM me some way to send you pictures. There's too many and they're too big to upload here.
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
SquidGirl
Colloquialist

How fun. Congrats on the little one celebrating the big oh-one! It is amazing how much of a difference is makes for them to sit in a front-facing carseat rather than rear-facing! And now onto the big oh-two before you know it!!!
SquidGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #3
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Happy birthday miniTreas!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 AM   #4
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Awwwww, happy birthday party Trea-babba!
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time.

Do print some photos out and save them, it's amazing to look back on. Here's mine for the record! And Kaitlin will no doubt share hers with someone one day saying exactly what I do when I look at some of mine, "Wow! Doesn't my Mum look young!"
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

Thank you, thank you all. Yup, I have some birthday pics printed off... for blackmail purposes with boyfriends, if nothing else!! But yes, there are pics to go in the baby book as well Kaitlin is growing by the DAY, I swear... every time I look at her she's either gained another pound or another inch. She's going to be tall and slender like her momma... well, her momma before having children!! I'm so excited, and I can't believe the first year is past already!

By the way, we are now cutting another tooth and saying "mama" and "Ba" (her word for bottle) and she has individual baby names for each of her favorite people! And we're WALKING, Goddess save me...
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote