The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 06-12-2004, 10:11 AM   #1
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

Thumbs up Funny Comercials

I kno ya'll have them. come on , tell them.

I got one. Nextel comercial in the winter of 03. scene is streets of NYC. an Emu pops up from the bottom of the screen (I thought at first that it was a punk dude still stuck in the 1990's. )

guy- (to cell) Emu's on the loose! Emu's on the loose!
woman- (in farm with cell) Where?
Guy- Everywhere!
woman- Where everywhere
guy- New York City!
woman- sounds like a hard problem
guy- Got any ideas?
woman- Momma.
Guy- Momma!?!?!?!
woman- (puts cell close to mother emu) here momma!
emu-(to cell) rru- ruuuuuu. ruu- ruuuuuu
guy-(raises his cell)

then the emu's on the city gather around him and finally captured.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:10 AM   #2
wolver
Hugh Jackman fan

here is another.

(inside carpool with lots of people in, one is Tibetan and reads map)
(tibet dude looks up in amasement)
(tibet dude waves had to the left)-lalalalalalalala

driver(turns sharply to the left in circles)

i think that it was a lincoln navigator comercial
wolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:23 PM   #3
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Does it have to be an American (or English) commercial?

Some of the funniest ones are from Europe.

Witness:

A stuffy family of four gets into an auto. Father starts the car and turns on the radio. Highly obscene lyrics pour out. The two young girls in back giggle while the parents just look blankly at each other. Then they start "getting into the rhythm" and drive off, leaving the caption "Want to learn English?" and some foreign gibberish which I assume is a phone number or address.

I laughed until I cried. I even have it saved for posterity. Too big for here though and I don't have a server to keep it on to share with you all.

Brian
Old 06-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Not sure where this was from (it wasn't American) but the jist of it was this:

Father and son were in a grocery store. Kid sees some candy and demands "I want the candy!" and says this over...and over..and over again...very loudy. Kid proceeds to put a bag of candy into grocery cart. Dad calmly takes it out and puts it back on the shelf. Kid takes the bag...puts into cart. Dad puts bag of candy back. Kid proceeds to have major meltdown. He's kicking and screaming on the floor, gets up, knocks things over...just causing a mess in the store and major embarrassment to the dad.

Cut to Dad looking completely embarrassed and worn out and the caption reads under his face:

"Use condoms."

I laughed until I cried and then I actually applauded. I have this on my Windows Media Player, but I have no idea how to post a link here.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:40 AM   #5
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Hey that's a good one!

I see so few current commercials thanks to Tivo... One of my all-time favorites was Charles Barkley's operatic turn in the "Barkley of Seville" ads. And much as I can't stand Shaquille O'Neal [insert non-moment of non-silence for the Lakers' playoffs loss], I did enjoy the one from several years back where Shaq's dad shattered a phone booth.

However, my all-time favorite commercial moment did not actually involve a real commercial. When I was a junior in high school, my German teacher gave us the assignment of writing a commercial in German and presenting it to the class. A friend of mine and I teamed up and we ended up doing a spot for "Crazy Klaus's Auto Parts." It wasn't fabulously inspired as a commercial, and I dare say our demonstration of our German skills was competent, but not exceptional.

The fun part was the very end. Through nefarious means that I have since suppressed the memory of, we acquired the teacher's unlisted home phone number. And of course it was that phone number that Crazy Klaus handed out at the end of the commercial. Her reaction was priceless.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:43 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oww, that's evil Steve.
There was a real estate or mortgage company commercial showing a guy in his new house. He was talking to his Mom on the phone while he drank out of the milk carton, with the refrigerator door left open. At the end he's standing in the doorway and says to his Mom, "Tell Dad, yes, I am air conditioning the whole damn neighborhood."
Old 06-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #7
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Three come to mind:

Old ladies voice:"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty..."
As you see the shadow of the cat walking along thru the house, the old ladiys voice continues.

When the cats head pops up from behind the bird cage, we find out it was the bird calling the cat the whole time.

-------------

Guy comes home early, sees his wife in the living room, decides to have some fun. Strips off, sticks a rose between his teeth, and dances into the living room, naked.

His parents and in-laws see a side of him they never knew.

--------------

Girl scarfs down a bean burritto before her date. When he gets there, she has to fart bad. but not in front of him. So, she waits until she's in the car and he's walking around to his door. She proceeds to lift her cheek and crack the most vicious rat you ever heard on TV.

The couple in the back seat are not amused.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #8
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

We had to make up our own commercial in Spanish class. I was paired with a friend who had definite macho issues. Always trying to prove himself, etc. and the super annoying thing was he wasn't strong or coordinated at all, so he only came off looking like more of an idiot.

So our commercial setup was for root beer, I was a chick in a bar, and the guy tries to buy me the "off brand," and I slap him. Then he comes back and tries to buy me the right kind and we dance.

So before we went on, the guy kept bringing up how I'd better not wimp out on the slap, he wanted it to look real, and he could take it. I reminded him I was in theatre, knew exactly how to do a good stage slap--lotsa noise but no sting--and it would be fine. He kept insisting no, I had to hit him as hard as I could.

So when the time came, I did. He fell over. He did manage to get back up and finish the commercial after a second or two though.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote