The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-11-2003, 04:00 PM   #16
pegusitas
Writer of Writings

a hack

As Michael Roth already alluded to before me, Robbie Williams already did this in a music video. Tore his ass right off (as well as the rest of his body parts). It was kinda gross, but really funny because the women watching were so turned on by his bloody body parts being thrown at them. It kind of made fun of how we're so into the physical aspect of people. Not sure if it was meant to trigger that response, but that's what I got out of it.

Anyway, it makes me feel like this new act is a hack job, but maybe I'm off base.

Last edited by pegusitas; 08-11-2003 at 04:02 PM.
pegusitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:41 PM   #17
juju
no one of consequence

Of course that's not her own skin. No sane person would do such a thing, and special effects technology are more that capable of simulating the effect. And besides that, I don't think that's what it would look like if you ripped off your skin. It probably wouldn't even stretch like that.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 07:00 PM   #18
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Of course that's not her own skin. No sane person would do such a thing, and special effects technology are more that capable of simulating the effect. And besides that, I don't think that's what it would look like if you ripped off your skin. It probably wouldn't even stretch like that.
Besides, then it'd have to be a "one time only" performance. I mean, there's only so much skin to go around. Even if you were one of those morbidly obese people who lose all their weight real fast so they have hanging folds of skin.

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:15 PM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I remember that video...MTV in the US would only play it late at night, IIRC.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 01:15 AM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Of course that's not her own skin. No sane person would do such a thing,
I've seen some insane people do such a thing ...

Also, there's a lot of extreme stuff in performance art. I remember reading an article in the NY Times Art and Leisure Section about some performance artist (who, incidentally, was HIV+) who would self mutilate (in artistic ways) with an X-Acto knife and press paper towels against the wounds to transfer the impressions to them. As the 'piece' progressed, the towels would be hung from a clothesline that stretched across the stage.

What a package ... art and a biohazard all in one.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote