The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #1411
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

There's way too much going on with that sandwich. Blech ptooey.

Too much goo.

Cheese. Mustard. Ketchup. That is ALL that belongs on a burger, even a subpar burger like Le Big Mac.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #1412
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
There's way too much going on with that sandwich. Blech ptooey.

Too much goo.

Cheese. Mayo. Ketchup. That is ALL that belongs on a burger, even a subpar burger like Le Big Mac.
FTFY
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #1413
infinite monkey

Mayo? MAYO? MAYO?

The grossest substance ever invented. Besides tartar sauce.

Mayo. Puh. MIght as well spooge on your sandwich.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #1414
glatt

WTF?

7 Italian scientists and experts to be tried for manslaughter for not predicting deadly 2009 Italian earthquake.

If I were a seismologist in Italy right now, I'd change careers. Or move. Fuck 'em.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #1415
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Mayo? MAYO? MAYO?

The grossest substance ever invented.
Japanese kewpie mayo is great mixed with tuna and Hellman's isn't bad either. Wouldn't touch any of the other brands though.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #1416
Rhianne
Nearly done.

Manslaughter is a little different in Italy - any fan of motorsport will tell you that.

There is, pretty much, no such thing as an 'accidental' death in Italy - somone can always be found responsible in some small way and they are often convicted of manslaughter. It doesn't mean they're going to jail for twenty years.

When Ayrton Senna was killed at Imola in 1994 just about everyone faced that charge - the race organisers, the officials, the circuit owners, his team principle, his engineers, the designer of the car etc. In the end, from memory, only the head of the car design department was convicted and he received no punishment whatsoever.
Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #1417
Nirvana
Back in 10

LMFAO

I have not verified this but some of it is so funny if its not real who cares "La Trene" LMAO

> Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) - Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers "duct taped inside fast food restaurant dumpsters," according to police officials.
>
> "Something just went wrong,"said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. "Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong."The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, "growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats," decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event "in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanting to use leather in their clothing and motor bike seats." "In fact," said the organizer, "motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it. ergo, they should stop."
>
> According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960's era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting "you're murderers" to passers by. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began.
>
> "They peed on me!!!" charged one activist. "They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me 'La Trene', and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!"
>
> Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers "farted on their heads."
>
> Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation; however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed "surprise" at the allegations.
>
> "That's preposterous,"said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. "We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome."
>
> When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and 'farting on their heads,' the organizer declined to comment in detail. "That's just our secret handshake,"assured the organizer.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #1418
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satir...herprotest.asp
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #1419
Nirvana
Back in 10

Of course I knew it probably was not true I mean what biker is going to say, "That's Preposterous!" Still funny as hell!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #1420
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Like they would actually be missed.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #1421
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Independence Police Shoot At Concrete Alligator

Quote:
INDEPENDENCE, Mo.—
An alligator caused a lot of commotion for one Independence man Sunday when three Independence police officers shot at his concrete lawn ornament.

Rick Sheridan was working in his garage when he heard gunshots. He went around the back of his house to a pond, where he saw three police officers. The three officers had spotted the gator and were lined up on the bank, shooting at the large reptile.

The officer fired two rounds, and killed my concrete, ornamental alligator," Sheridan said.

After realizing their bullets were bouncing off the yard art alligator, police left. Sheridan says now he plans to patch up his wounded gator.
no comment - just a WTF?
video here
Old 06-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #1422
classicman

Spirit of Lorena Bobbitt alive and well...in Bangladesh?

lucky you - its a two-fer ...

Quote:
A 40-year-old Bangladeshi woman cut off a man's penis during an alleged attempted rape and took it to a police station as evidence, police in a remote part of Bangladesh said, according to CBS affiliate KPHO.

The woman, a married mother of three, was attacked while she was sleeping in her shanty Saturday night, officers told Agence France Presse (AFP).

"As he tried to rape her, the lady cut his penis off with a knife. She then wrapped up the penis in a piece of polythene and brought it to the Jhalakathi police station as evidence of the crime," police chief Abul Khaer said, reported KPHO.

The woman has filed a case accusing the man -- who is also 40 and a married father of five himself -- of attempted rape, saying that he had been harassing her for six months.

The severed penis has been kept at the police station and the rape suspect was undergoing treatment in hospital.

"We shall arrest him once his condition gets better," Khaer told AFP.
Linky dinky
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #1423
infinite monkey

Local yokels.

Quote:
Police said Niblick handed a teller a withdrawal slip at the Chase Bank for $7.9 million. However, he fled the bank with about $3,000.
http://www.whiotv.com/news/28094217/detail.html

No, I DON'T want 8 million, I want 7.9 million. Sheesh. Oh, 3 grand? I'll take it.

Maybe he figured the withdrawal slip would look less suspicious if he only asked for 7.9, or maybe he figured the bank would likely have 7.9 million lying around, but probably not have 8 mill lying around.

Mental evaluation indeed!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #1424
classicman

Maybe he should have become an astro-NOT.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #1425
infinite monkey

Or President!