The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #31
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Flintsy is super proud... he has produced two rather large poops... in the potty today... so far no accidents... IF we make it through to bedtime like this I'll be taking him to the movie store after my hair apt on Friday to pick out a movie... as was our arrangement when we started the process.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #32
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

We make it a point to celebrate with great fanfare profound poops. It is shocking what some people are able to expel.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #33
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
In the shop I worked in we found that babies in non-disposable (terry) nappies toilet-trained far earlier. They were subjected to far more unpleasant sensations re sitting in their own waste than babies in modern nappies.
Keep in mind how much more work cloth diapers are than disposables too - a motivated parent makes for a motivated child.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #34
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oh of course - we were a responsible shop and ran through all the positives and negatives. After all we sold eco-nappies (part recycled biodegradable diapers) as well. The owners were parents and I went by their experiences as well as those of customers AND reading round the subject. I was also aware that despite the green-appeal of non-disposables, the energy use of washing and drying "real" nappies did not make them a straightforward choice.

People often thought I was the owner of the shop (who was a mother and ex-midwife). Which might make people on here laugh, but despite the fact it was a weekend job I did take it very seriously.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #35
monster
I hear them call the tide

I think Jinx was more getting at the idea that because it's harder work, parents are motivated to train earlier and that rubs off on the child ...rather than the environmental aspect?