The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 12-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Any WoWers out there?

What relm are you in?

Any interest in running some dungeons with me and seeing where it leads... lol... I'm in the market for a new guild... my current one is too close to home and too inactive. I have a break from school and miss Azeroth... yeah I'm a nerd... I know...
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Also... horde or Alliance? And what level.

I'm currently most interested in playing my human Warlock... lvl 40.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
sullage
Master Locutor

i played horde for the last few years (on stormreaver) and quit about 4 months ago (firelands wasn't so great). i've pre ordered Star Wars: TOR and plan to go balls deep into that game. my guild will be on "the fatman" if you're interested.
sullage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I got into WoW for a little while, but I found it a bit too themeparky. I know that's the style these days, but I miss the more sandboxy days of Ultima Online :P

Currently, I am playing (on and off) Mortal Online: no levels, just skills, no barriers to who you can attack or who can attack you, and no instancing. More my style.

I did enjoy WoW for the time i was there. I especially liked swimming. Spent half my time underwater. And I loved the music. Best music of any MMO ever. The theme tune to the capital city of the horde (can't recall what it was called now) was awesome. The way it kicked in as you arrived oof. Shiver down the spine.

And the theatre of it was second to none. The fair that was on when I was last playing was amazing. The Fire festival or something. Great stuff.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Pooka, I've let my account laps in the last couple of months because I've picked up cycling. No time left over now. If I ever pick it back up I'll give you a Haller. I have a couple of 85's and lots in between. I do like the Warlocks, but I mostly play Hunters. Love the pets and I'm mostly a solo guy and a pug. I even have a pug for my pug so I can have a pug when I pug.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I play on Alterac Mountains (high levels) and other servers for low levels. I have an 85 feral druid and a 68 DK that I am currently leveling along with my partner who has a 70 Paladin.

We're in a guild for the perks (lvl 25 guild), but don't raid or group with them. Open to making advance plans for dungeon runs or whatever. Unavailable on demand, due to family and RL obligations.

I've been playing since beta, but it's purely a form of down-time entertainment, not game goal driven.

Look for Stormie or Fractious. Or PM me for email info to get on friends list.

Oh and Dana, Darkmoon Faire is currently active. It's set up as a fairway, with barkers and tents and tokens you buy to play the games. Of course, you can imagine that it's fairly spooky - dark with blinking/broken lights and a full moon glowing over the whole affair. Very cool, as far as gaming events go
Old 12-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I play Skyrim - WoW without all those tedious other players. If you meet an asshole in Skyrim, you know it's not his fault - he was drawn that way.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Flint
Snowflake

Ah, man. I would love to play Skyrim but I don't have the time. So jealous! Tell me about it so I can enjoy vicariously?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have actively avoided WoW, because I know I'd be one of those people that pull on a Depends, sit next to a pile of Cheetoes and beer, and get lost inside the game.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #10
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

being that this thread was posted on a Wednesday, I was really hoping that you were referring to Whip em Out Wednesday.

I am disappoint.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Skyrim is at the top of my son's christmas list. I haven't finished IV yet. hell... Ive barely begun. I keep coming back to Madden 12.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Ah, man. I would love to play Skyrim but I don't have the time. So jealous! Tell me about it so I can enjoy vicariously?
I've played about 80 hours, and am level 35 or so, and have barely scratched the surface.

I've even downloaded all of the books from Skyrim, and am reading them on my Kindle, because I kept getting bogged down in libraries in the game.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #13
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dear HM

Please do tell more about Skyrim, perhaps in a new thread. Also, what platform do you use?

Different subject, what was the game you afflicted me with, it was online, not exactly text based but with stick figures and loads of language puns? I am ... I am having something of an extended senior moment, I would appreciate a little boost here. A clue is the meat helmet in the Bacon WTF? thread.

Thanks ever so,
Old 12-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #14
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Was that Kingdom of Loathing, v? I played that for a little while.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

YES!!!!!!!!!

thank you.