The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #91
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Mum comes out tops with her bruised leg.
I do feel for her - but she has been extremely pissy because of it.

She blames Grandad because he summoned them round there at 08.00 for something that could have waited. This "put them all behind" (the 'rents have a hectic schedule of cleaning and shopping now they are retired). Then Dad had to go and get takeaway for Gdad, because he didn't want to go to daycare after all the hoo-ha (it was a broken lamp). Then the snow starts to fall. And Aylesbury gets gridlocked. So it takes Dad an hour to come back with a cold burger and fries.

Mum and Dad give up going into town for their own little treat at this point, and decide to check out the refurbishment to the estate pub - the Dairy Maid.
Walking down there, Mum slips over. Refuses to let Dad help her up as he has a bad back. Is evenutally helped by a white van man, comes home and lies on the sofa. At which point I come home from school, full of festive cheer, only to receive a bitter tirade against Grandad who is accounted solely responsible.

Hmmmm. I remember when I went over on my birthday year before last, because a woman in front of me stopped suddenly and my ankle turned on a cracked pavement. Mum promptly told her that it wasn't her fault, it was mine for wearing silly shoes.

So funnily enough, I've offered sympathy, but not condoned the bitching and self-pity. Especially since I caught her telling my brother's MOTHER-IN-LAW (a woman she has no respect for) on the phone that no-one else in this house knew how to clean a bathroom apparently. I cleaned the stupid bathroom (which was spotless anyway) but I did make it obvious I'd heard her. No word about everything else I've done - some at her request and some at my own instigation...

All that aside (getting it off my chest), here is the bruise pic. She's got dolly lallies for a 64 year old! And yes, I do feel like a mean witch of a daughter when I look at it.
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #92
Nirvana
Back in 10

YIKES!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #93
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Old people bruise easier, right? Because their veins are thinner and break more easily under the surface? That's the theory I'm going with. Because goddamn.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #94
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I get my bruising ability from her
Old 12-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #95
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

M-M-M. That looks like it hurts.

Doesn't it kind of suck a huge donkey dick when the folks' world turns on such lilliputian-like events of a broken lamp or cold hamburger? Mine are very much the same. I feel for your situation, SG, but if I know you, you are making the BEST of it and being a good example to them as well. My own mother LOVES to bring out her PAM personality (Piss And Moan) but I prefer to be happy - even if I have to delude myself to that end.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #96
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Looks pretty bad SG. Is she on daily asprin or some blood thinner?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #97
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Nope. Not as far as I know anyway.
She used to take daily aspirin but then worried it wasn't the right thing to do.
Her Mum was a real bleeder too. Nan once told me she was borderline haemophiliac. Which I parroted to many people before realising haemophilia is a disease and you can't be "borderline"...!

Nan did bruise and bleed spectacularly, as do I. Mum is far more careful, but it turns out she can bruise to buggery too.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #98
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Not that it important at this time, but you may want to get your blood tested. A simple tube of blood sent to the lab could allow you to discover a different kind of clotting disorder. There are quite a few of them and it might be nice to know if you ever needed an emergency surgery or had a massive blood loss.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #99
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Merc, I missed that.
Sadly, one of the drawbacks of free healthcare is that you don't get to choose what you are teasted for.
But the flip side is that in the event of a problem, any affects will be dealt with free of charge.
I don't think I have anything really damaging. Just that I bruise like a pear.

Today I had my previous contraceptive implant removed, and a new one fitted.
They had to manhandle me a little as the implant has settled into "an envelope". Of my body, retch, retch. I didn't tell them til halfway through that I was extremely squeamish. I am, I really am, but the timing was slightly disingenuous move. If I tell them at the start they think, "Silly cow, we do this every day!" if I tell them at the end they've already judged me for sweating and swallowing and making faces. Halfway through they applaud me for my bravery and say how well I'm doing and it does relax me.

Trust me, this is a technique honed when giving blood, so at least it was perfected in times of charity. And this is my third and most difficult implant so far. I was butchered! Well, okay, not really. But they did worry about how tidy they were being.

9 hours later, expect more pics:
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #100
Tulip
Professor

That looks like it was painful.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #101
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

freakin; ouch!!! boy am i glad i don;t bruise easily or i;d be black and blue all the time all over!!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #102
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

On the bright side, they did give you a nice profile of a llama or a horsie or something.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #103
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Look close at that bandage! Is that the profile of the Virgin Mary?? I mean really look close and turn the image to the side. Surely, I'm not the only one to notice
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #104
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Actually it didn't turn out too bad.
I've had far worse bruising without any benefits.
Sarge - no, you're looking at my profile. This is just a picture of my arm.
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #105
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Look close at that bandage! Is that the profile of the Virgin Mary?? I mean really look close and turn the image to the side. Surely, I'm not the only one to notice
If the Virgin Mary is a unicorn then, yes.