Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Creative Expression
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Creative Expression Post your own works and chat about them

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
jaguar
whig

macro stuff

I have an old friend that is involved in the classic camera trade, he buys and sells all sorts of strange and wonderful gear at disturbingly large profit margins. In the process he comes across all sorts of weird bits which he throws my way if I might be interested. A few days ago I got a lens from him, I can't work out what mount it is, (says Fuji FX but I've never heard of it) and the company that made it, Sirius doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's the strangest lens I think I've used, a wide angle (28mm), wide open (F/2.8) macro lens. Bizarre thing. I was kind of curious so with the assistance of a few rubber bands I secured it on the front of a canon DSLR not really expecting it to work. Well, colour me impressed, it's a strange tool but it certainly is fun, here's a few shots from the test session in the garden. None have been touched in photoshop, all straight from camera. Yes, there's some wierd-ass optical stuff going on here, a combination of the lens and the focal plane and other effects of the jerrybuilt mount.