The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2006, 07:04 AM   #10
euchrid
euchridelicious

Tori Amos did the whole 'pig statement' much better on 'Boys for Pele', where she suckled (as in breast fed a pig) on the album art.

For some reason, the middle classes think people should pay to see them indulge their own fantasies. When the poor or stupid create 'art' like this in their own homes, they are locked up.

Ms O'Reilly could fuel her "unexpected fantasies of mergence and interspecies metamorphoses" and enhance her "undercurrent of pigginess" by 'squealing like a pig' (Deliverance style), going to live in a pig sty for a year (naked, of course), or hanging upside and bleeding like one. Now that I would pay to see.

However, what she is doing is no worse than an average business does on a day-to-day basis. Why is it OK to eat and wear animal products where the animal has been treated much worse before and after death, but when some dumb young lady takes off her clothes and messes around with a dead pig, everyone gets upset? Anyone seen what goes on in an abbatoir (or a mortuary, come to think of it)? If I was the pig, I'd rather be despatched in the arms of a naked woman in the dubious name of 'art' than be sent to the grinder and end up in a McBreakfast.