The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #331
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Jackhole.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #332
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

And if that is what you were referring to, you obviously know fuckall about tools.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #333
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Let's try this, please post a pic of what you think Vise Grips are.
So where is the hand? Not touching the vise grip when those pliers are holding a spark plug to the block. Why should the obvious be explained?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #334
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
So where is the hand?...Why should the obvious be explained?
Demonstrated here is a question to answer your first question: What, do you think they attach themselves by way of magic? Mental telepathy? No wonder you are confused.

Second question addressed: Because you often appear to know something about which you post, and, at this time, you appear to be an idiot.

Leave it as you will, but, don't try to make those of us who know what we're talking about look dumb just because you spoke out of your ass about something you don't seem to comprehend. And refuse to understand.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #335
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
So where is the hand?
It's right here.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #336
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Aaaaand you don't know how to post a picture.

I'm done, now.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #337
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Aaaaand you don't know how to post a picture.
Wow. You are so easily made emotional. Meanwhile 1) vise grips hold a spark plug to the block while the hand is inside the car turning the key. Did you think about that? 2) Vise grips clamped to the engine block mean vise grips are at zero volts. Did you think about that? 3) Vise grips holding a spark plug to the block means no hands need hold the vise grips. It is so simple that even a child can comprehend it.

BTW, be very careful to not take a piss using vise grips. Should you need that explained, then just ask.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #338
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
They are vise grips because the tool is attached and left untouched. Can you be any more stupid? Please try. Is this totally justified insult of your intelligence simple enough to comprehend? Sorry. The word has ten letters. Do you understand it? Electricity has eleven letters. Apparently that is confusing.

For others: Lumberjim posts insults because he knew Jeeps are better on slippery roads. He said he knows because he feels it is true. Facts that exposed his myth make him angry. He cannot accept that myths and hearsay so easily manipulate. So the emotional Lumberjim constantly posts insults like an adult thinking like a child.

Any idiot would not hold 20,000 volts with a metal tool. Clamp it in place with a hand tool such as vise grips or a clip. So simple to grasp. But the fewest, such as Lumberjim, fear to learn. Then get angry and post insults.
you mad, bro?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #339
busterb
NSABFD

Clip one end to spark end of plug other to ground.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #340
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Oh, glatt, I'm pretty sure tw just called you an idiot. Just sayin
Old 01-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #341
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Oh, glatt, I'm pretty sure tw just called you an idiot. Just sayin
The only idiot is the guy who posts insults because he cannot read. That is you, bro.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #342
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

What insult?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #343
glatt

Changed the plugs and wires, and it's working well now. Or at least for the 2 minutes I let it idle. We'll see how it does after running errands.

I suspect that the intermittent stalling problem was a separate issue, and may crop up again. But after considerable research, I suspect that the engine coolant temperature sensor is the culprit. Apparently a lot of Camry owners have had this problem and fixed it by replacing that sensor. But there's an easy test. If the problem manifests itself again, I just unplug that sensor. If it gets better, it was the sensor, and it needs replacing.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #344
glatt

Yesterday I switched out the engine coolant temperature sensor. The car had been behaving normally for a few weeks, but based on my research and questions at a Toyota repair forum, I think an intermittent fault at this sensor was causing my stalling problems, and the bad spark plug wires were just a coincidence.

So I let the car cool off so I wouldn't burn myself on the coolant gushing out when I removed the sensor and quickly inserted the new one. And I made the switch.
New:

Old:
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #345
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The old one has a copper washer, did the new one?