Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2002, 03:41 AM   #1
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

continue Religion debate to infinity here

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to derail the Iraq thread...so I will reply to your posts here instead. If I accidentally leave out someone, please remind me, O.K....

slang -
Hi slang, I would be classified as Judaic...
and you?

Cam -
Not true, interpretation changes the meaning, something the book of prophecies are forbidden to do. Even in individual conversing where interpretation is often necessary, it's a bad idea.
Example: Say the word 'helicopter' is not found in another language and you want to explain that "He flew away in a helicopter." The word to interpret 'helicopter' is 'bird', if you say "He flew away on a bird." the natives will think you are nuts!
The Torah leaves the untranslatable words as they are in Hebrew, and you can tell by the rest of the sentence and the whole paragraph what the meaning is. Example: The Hebrew word 'nflms' in the Torah is written as "There were nflms in the Earth in those days..." But the newer Bibles interpreted 'nflms' to 'giants' and was written by man as "There were giants in the Earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
'Giants' is not only wrong and changes the meaning, but it is a huge No-No to any God fearing person.
The words in that paragraph that are translated make clear that 'nflms' meant 'those who descended to Earth from Heaven.'
There is another where 'navel' is interpreted where the paragraph clearly describes the woman's private part below the navel.
When man adds or takes away to/from God's words, the book becomes man's words and will...to me.

juju -
I believe global warming is occurring, but NOT because of anything man has done. It's a natural cycle of self-correction the Earth goes through, like the Ice Age was(were the animals back then driving SUV's and polluting up the air too???)
Remember, the "hole" in the O-zone is shrinking as we speak because the Glaciers are melting, because of global warming.

jaguar -
Global warming is a fact as well.
And, as a parent it is solely MY RIGHT to teach my child about life as I see fit...not as you or the school sees fit. In fact, the schools have been teaching social awareness for some time now, and they've done such a bang-up job of it...we now have kids that can't handle failure or losing so they kill themselves or others, we now have 9 year olds getting busted for possession of pot, and we now have 10 year old girls getting gang-raped in class or turning up pregnant!!!! WHAT A SUCCESS! The school system can't even get reading,writing, and math right, and YOU trust them with your child's psychi? You don't have children, do you?

headsplice -
It always helps if you actually read the conversation before jumping in to barf out vomit that nobody stated!
The Torah was translated word for word from third century B.C.E. to present. The Torah I am reading was translated by men who understood the wrath they would bring upon themselves if they added or took away from the meaning of God's words or will.
Neat, Huh?!!
As for "knowing" and "truly understanding" God?
Bringing this down to the human level, to show that faith in God is no different from anything else in our humble lives... you may read all the books by Stephen Hawking, but do you "know" and "truly understand" him? Also, you most definately spent your whole life depending on your mother, father, sister, brothers, but do you ever really "know" and "truly understand" them?
Nope! We can't even understand each other!

undertoad -
I completely agree with you that a well-rounded child is produced by exposure to every side of every issue, so they can make their own informed opinion...in High School and College. At 7 years of age, I don't care how carefully they chose their words to remain diplomatic and all inclusive...
the only thing my 7 year old took away from that lesson was "the world is going to end." And that is so wrong on so many levels! And it's also a flat out lie, I'm not paying the school to lie to my child.
These contradictions jump from Old Testament to New Testament, then from revised to some newer books...
these have been re-written by man and are man's words. Why does it surprise you that man contradicts himself?
The Torah is understandable to all...after all, I understand it!

radar -
Ignorance is bliss to you, no doubt!
Click ALL the links, Einstein...the ark? Sodom and Gomorrah? Ring a bell?
The 10 Commandments are Judaic and Christian, and the laws of our land throughout History were based on them. If the Religious symbol is also an Historical symbol and it represents two or more separate churches, it IS CONSTITUTIONAL!
George Washington was a Free-Mason, not really Christian...he was more of a Diest than anything.
I never said our Government was founded on Christian Religion...I said this Country(We the People) was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.
You only hear what you wish to hear, don't ya?

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote