The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-31-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Valentines Day

It's the day of love. The day to show your very special love just how very special they are to you.

So how do you do it?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
Ibby
erika

Well seeing as how I'm eight thousand miles away... not very well.

Actually, TAS Spirit Week is the week of valentines day, so on valentines day theyre doing a 'sing a love song, get spirit points for your grade' thing, so I'm gonna sing and play You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go by Dylan, or maybe Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits (if I can get the chords down in time), seeing as how Dylan can't sing (and is still better than me) and Knopfler doesn't really sing (and once again is still better than me).
Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
glatt

When I had nobody, I always hated valentine's day. My wife felt the same way. Now that we have eachother, we don't really celebrate it. I get her a card, but that's about it. She does the same.

This Valentine's day, we're going to see Edward Scissorhands at the Kennedy Center, because someone gave us tickets. But that's really just a coincidence.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Last year I went to a gourmet deli and got some yummy picnic stuff and a nice bottle of wine, with some chocolate and showed up at D's work. We went down to the lake on campus and had lunch together. I'd also organised flowers to be delivered to his office.

He was pretty impressed and also rather sheepish because he hadn't really done anything for me. I didn't care though. I enjoyed the adventure and the time we spent together that day.

This year, I've ordered a new fishing rod for him as his favourite one snapped some time ago and he hasn't had a chance to replace it. Luckily for me, he happened to be telling someone what the specs were for the rod the other day and I was listening, so now it's being made in time for Val day for him. I'm sure he's going to be very happy.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
monster
I hear them call the tide

Don't really do it. I like the tradition that it's for secret admirers. I will once again grit my teeth and help my children make cards for all of their classmates as is the way here...
Old 01-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Every guy smacking your forehead, saying OMG, I forgot, what the hell will I do now? Good news for you Bunkie, Katkeeper to the rescue. Do it now.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 AM   #7
Hagar
Master of the Domain

Whatever you do, DON'T go out to a popular resturant for dinner. Otherwise excellent resturants turn into cookie cutter production lines on St Valentines day. Much better to wait a couple of days 'til the madness dies down.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:54 AM   #8
glatt

The same can be said for flowers. Don't buy flowers on valentine's day. You get mediocre flowers for a jacked up price.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

OK, here's what I do:

First, and most important, I imagine there is a very special love.

Then, I imagine I've enough money to buy us a trip to Aruba, where I imagine we drink umbrella drinks, have wild passionate sex all night long, and frolic on the beach in our (imagined) incredibly toned bodies.

Or, a nice card from Hallmark.

:p
Old 02-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #10
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Selene will be attending her third week of blackjack dealing class, so I need to come up with something that I can do in the car on the way to work (so sex is out), and then something that doesn't take very long when she gets home at 10:30 that night (go ahead, wiseasses...say that sex is perfect as something that doesn't take very long). Ideas cheerfully accepted. I'm romance impaired.

Shawnee, I'm busy on the 14th, but if your imagination is good enough, I can offer you an unfit body in a cold climate with a couple of cans of Bud and a brief carnal interlude, leaving the rest of your evening free for reading, washing socks or other pastimes.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #11
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Talking

Best offer in months!

Hey, there's always phone sex (except I don't have a phone) or online sex (except I don't have a line on.)

Old 02-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #12
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
I need to come up with something that I can do in the car on the way to work (so sex is out)
don;t try to tell me you never rubbed one out while driving, cuz i won;t believe it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #13
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I was going to go to the cinema to see Hot Fuzz (on the premise that it wasn't a romantic enough film for me to be bothered by couples eating eachother next to me). But it's not released until the 16th at my local cinema - boooooooo.

So I am mostly going to be sitting at home congratulating myself on how much less it is bothering me than other years, and how this is the first year in ages I haven't promised myself, "This time next year I will not be spending Valentines Day on my own"

Seriously - I am much less bothered this year.
Not that I would turn down cards, flowers, jewellery, dinner or sex sex though....
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Whatever you do, DON'T go out to a popular resturant for dinner. Otherwise excellent resturants turn into cookie cutter production lines on St Valentines day. Much better to wait a couple of days 'til the madness dies down.
We sometimes go to a nice place a night or two *before* V-Day. It always works out wonderfully. Places are usually not very busy because everyone's waiting for the 14th, and the restaurant employees are still in a good mood.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #15
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
don;t try to tell me you never rubbed one out while driving, cuz i won;t believe it.
I've been pleasured while driving on numerous occasions, actually, but achieving the same for my female companions seems to be rather problematic.

*I* am perfectly capable of coming and going at the same time, though.