The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
marichiko

More cat problems

I finally found my front door mat which has been missing for some weeks. This door mat has a picture on it of a large orange cat just like my kitty Traveler who vanished the very same day the ax murderer was over to repair my storm door that he had broken back when we were still "together." (I use the word "together" advisedly)

It had been sitting on the far end of my front deck and covered with wood splinters and all covered under a pile of fallen leaves. The ax murderer had used it as a sort of place mat to shave the wood for the door frame down to the right size. I had stayed away from him as much as possible in the other room while he made the repair, so I hadn't seen him do this, but I do remember the sound of him chiseling off slices of wood on my front porch. The wood splinters are the same color as the wood in my door frame which he repaired.

The ax murderer had left his power drill behind and I paged him twice that day to come get it. He ignored my pages, but showed up for the drill the next day. Traveler had vanished the evening before.

I have had increasing difficulty with my coyote theory for Traveler's disappearance. Just down the block from me there is a veritable phalanx of nice plump kitties that sit on door steps wander about yards, and no doubt dream of one day getting into LJ's trash bags and shredding them. Some of these kitties I recognize from when I first moved here. If coyotes are eating kitties around here, those nice fat kitties down the block should be gone.

When the ax murderer came for his drill, he was filled with alibi's for what he had done the night before. At the time, I wondered why he was bothering. I couldn't have cared less what he'd been up to. Probably out trolling for hookers or stalking the local playground. Whatever.

Today, I looked at the doormat with an orange cat covered with wood shavings, and an image came to my mind of the ax murderer resentfully carving that bit of wood door frame down to the right size and staring at the cat. He KNEW how much I loved Traveler. And he is mad as hell that he has had to repay me $5,000.00 of the $10,000.00 he stole from me. It was that or go have a nice chat with the county DA's financial crimes unit.

It hit me that the ax murderer actually had come back for that power drill some time the evening before. Traveler was outside, and went up to the ax murderer since he knew him. The ax murderer had a moment of sheer malicious inspiration and acted upon it. That's why he was filled with alibi's for the night before. Of course!

The ax murderer had no problem with watching his bro's ex GF walk into an apartment where the bro sat waiting for her with a rifle. He certainly wouldn't have any scruples about a cat.

OK, do you think I'm on to something, or is it time for a new pink ribbon for my tinfoil hat?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

When did the ax murderer come and do this, and why on Earth would you have allowed him back on your property for *any* freaking reason?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
marichiko

He did this a month ago or so, the very same day Traveler disappeared. I thought I might be moving out of here right away and I was worried about my damage deposit. The ax murderer broke the door, so I asked him for the money to have it repaired. Instead, he came over and did the job himself.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #4
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I will definitely have to keep my kittie inside so no axe murderers can get him. I don't know what to tell you, but it sounds like you might be on to something. I would not be suprised in the slightest if that is what he did. My condolences.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
mrnoodle
bent

Yeah, he probably killed your cat. Good luck proving it though.

What's your level of involvement with this guy still? If it was me, I'd write off any and all legal proceedings, moneys owed (I hate when people say "moneys"), cats, or anything else related to this person. You don't want to be on his mind AT ALL.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #6
marichiko

Mr. Noodle, I REALLY needed that money he stole from me. I have had to harass him about this. As it is, I am settling for only half of what he actually absconded with because I want nothing further to do with him. Two different friends have copies of ALL the relevent documents, and I have made sure to inform the ax murderer of that.

My biggest worry is what happens if my therapist turns him in over his sex offender conviction. The ax murderer is NOT going to be pleased at all over this. Its a bridge I'll cross when I get to it, I guess.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #7
Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
My biggest worry is what happens if my therapist turns him in over his sex offender conviction. The ax murderer is NOT going to be pleased at all over this. Its a bridge I'll cross when I get to it, I guess.

Ok... I missed something... what happened?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #8
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Ok... I missed something... what happened?
I first mentioned it here .
Old 10-24-2005, 05:57 PM   #9
Iggy

Ahh... I see.

I'm glad you don't have anything to do with him anymore.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:49 PM   #10
marichiko

Well, I still have to see him to get the final payment he owes me and I kind of was thinking of tying him up and pulling out his fingernails to get the truth out of him about Traveler.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #11
Iggy

Good plan.

Get him Mari!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:11 AM   #12
feesh13
Romantic Necromancer

Wow.....all of that would make it hard to trust anyone ever again. I hope your kitty ran away and comes back out of the blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Well, I still have to see him to get the final payment he owes me and I kind of was thinking of tying him up and pulling out his fingernails to get the truth out of him about Traveler.
From the sounds of it he may enjoy that.
feesh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:27 AM   #13
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by feesh13

From the sounds of it he may enjoy that.
No, he'd be rather upset about it. He's a classical guitar player and they depend on their nails to play, rather than a pick.

I'll probably trust someone again in no time. 1,000 years from now, I'll have forgotten I ever met him.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:50 AM   #14
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Okay, my sympathies, Mari. This is a bad 'un.

Learn to shoot. It may deprive him of a chance to take your life. I'm serious.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #15
marichiko

Well, thank you, UG.

And I have been very seriously looking into acquiring a weapon. As it is, I am getting a dog soon and plan to move as quick as I possibly can.