The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #31
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

If something horrible had happen I bet the pharmacist would never sleep again knowing they could have done something.
I would like to see it as someone trying to do the right thing and that is really as much as you can do.

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #32
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I think most police department SOPs require all backseat transports (anyone not an invited ride-along) to be handcuffed for both the officers' and detainee's safety whether they are under arrest or not. Her story above was "... when I got home the police where there, ..." and not that she was dragged out of her house. It takes two to tango.
Yes.
If the neighbors ask what happened, look them right in the eye and say "I am not at liberty to discuss the events of..." then stop, and then whisper "I gotta go."
====================
Trill, I extend my condolences on your loss.
My Labs died when I was overseas.
I found the one when I was 9.
She had a litter when I was 11.
I kept one.
There were my dogs until I deployed.
When I got back to The World, my family waited 2 months to even tell me they died (mother had them euthanized).
I kind of know how you feel...

I wish you the best on the new pups...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years

Last edited by Crimson Ghost; 02-10-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #33
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Sexobon is correct. There is a mechanism for police to take into protective custody any person who is reasonably deemed to be at imminent risk of harm to self or others, or who appears at risk of imminent serious physical impairment due to a mental health condition. The police must transport such person directly to a hospital for prompt evaluation. This process is not voluntary so cuffs are used.

The point of the provision for this sort of detention is to ensure the satefy and prompt evaluation of someone who meets one or more of the above three criteria, through words or actions and sometimes general appearance (eg an emaciated, obviously physically ill psychotic person found wandering in the passing lane on the interstate). Whatever happened at the pharmacy prompted the pharmacist to call, and either the strength of the concerns communicated prompted dispatch to send three cruisers, or the first officers on scene asked for backup. We don't know the details.But the point of it all was safety.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #34
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Tril was taken to the police station though.
Not conducive to mental healing.

Still, they let the lady go.
So she is now officially and legally confirmed as sane, which is more than I've ever been.
(I lie - I was discharged from mental health daycare after 2 weeks. Possibly because I got my sense of humour back and was disturbing the daily routine thereby.)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #35
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
... when I got home the police where there, they cuffed me and took me to the hospital "for my own good"
That was the part of Trilby's account that said 'protective custody' rather than arrest. She didn't mention the police station in her post, and if she ended up there at some point that's a different matter. The whole episode isn't conducive to mental healing, but that's not the point of it - it's getting someone to urgent evaluation for reasons of safety.

I'm glad she was released, and I hope the rest of her day went much better.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #36
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, she's lucky she didn't end up at Guantanamo.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #37
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I think most police department SOPs require all backseat transports (anyone not an invited ride-along) to be handcuffed for both the officers' and detainee's safety whether they are under arrest or not. Her story above was "... when I got home the police where there, ..." and not that she was dragged out of her house. It takes two to tango.
You are correct about the transport policy. In this type situation, we always had an ambulance transport with our assistance. I think the officers should have used more discretion and compassion.

Tril - I hope you get your new dog. If not, I have a turtle I will let you adopt. He is very sweet and doesn't get in the way. Doesn't eat much either. Now that I think about it, he hasn't eaten anything in a few years. Hmmm????
Old 02-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #38
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oops, sorry Ortho. I was going with my remembered account rather than what Trilby wrote.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #39
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
THREE cruisers pulled up to my house. I'm sure my neighbors now think I am a child murderer.
But also an opportunity for fun.

How about a story about your exploits as a high-end jewel thief. How you are never indicted because you leave no evidence behind.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #40
Crimson Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
But also an opportunity for fun.

How about a story about your exploits as a high-end jewel thief. How you are never indicted because you leave no evidence behind.
There ya go...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,

Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #41
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Glad you're safe, Tril. Love ya.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #42
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Trilby has a new dog.
With a poopy problem.

Given my cat has produced an awful ot of custard (Blackadder) over the weekend I do not worry that love will find a way.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #43
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh! She has a new dog? How exciting!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #44
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Yes! Looking forward to the photos (has anyone else noticed that Trilby recently acquired an ability to post photos which she never had before?). Of the poop, or the pup, whichever, naturally!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #45
Crimson Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Trilby has a new dog.
With a poopy problem.

Given my cat has produced an awful ot of custard (Blackadder) over the weekend I do not worry that love will find a way.
From such a tiny cat...