The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-27-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
Billy
Professor

What did you do on the Easter?

I want to know how you have the religion holidays.

I traveled out yesterday. I will post some pix here soon.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:23 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That post(pictures) will give you 1000.
Easter? Called my mother and said, uh huh, ok, I see, for an hour and a half.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

We took the young 'uns on a few Easter Egg hunts (last Saturday and this afternoon), painted Easter eggs last night (that's a lot of fun - especially if you use the wax crayon to make patterns on the eggs), took my daughter to church - my son was too sick so mommy stayed home with him, called Mom. And Daddy had a nice stiff drink - been six weeks without.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

My kids are too old for easter egg hunts, so they just got their traditional baskets full of chocolate bunnies and then we had a Honey-Baked Ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and rolls at my sisters house. We're not very religious. My older boy was baptized Lutheran and my younger son was baptised Catholic and I am neither religion!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
AnthonyFrankChirico

WE NOW LOVE YOU, FROM ALL OF US IN ANTHONY FRANK CHIRICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
My kids are too old for easter egg hunts, so they just got their traditional baskets full of chocolate bunnies and then we had a Honey-Baked Ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and rolls at my sisters house. We're not very religious. My older boy was baptized Lutheran and my younger son was baptised Catholic and I am neither religion!!
AGAIN, LOVE ANTHONY FRANK CHIRICO, OR LET HIM LOVE YOU
Old 03-27-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
AnthonyFrankChirico

Brianna- What did you do on the Easter?

Let me love you, I'll love you back! from all of us.-Mike Tarico, Anthony Chirica,Frank A. Chirico, John Chirica and more!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Had a decent breakfast, a good amount of jellybeans and chocolate, and no initiative for dinner. Had planned to do the Applebee's Carside to Go thing, ended up microwaving whatever.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:38 AM   #8
staceyv
Lecturer

I worked all day. Holidays are the worst to wait tables. All the scum comes out for special occasions. 15% tips were the norm today, no one cares that it's a holiday and instead of spending time with my family, I'm slaving for them. And I really was nice and fake. I got good comment cards, but I don't want verbal tips, call me shit and GIVE ME MONEY.
Then, after work I went to my grandmother's house and had to act fake with my mother and her fiance who I can't stand lateley and listened to my grandmother tell me stories of how her and her sister drive up to providence every weekend and how her sister drinks and then speeds all the back into town, so now I won't be able to sleep anymore on weekend nights, or I'll have to get obliterated...whatever, I could go on, but no one likes to listen to someone else's extended complaints, so I'll just shut up. Happy Friggin Easter.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:42 AM   #9
Griff
still says videotape

Pete and I sang at the Easter Vigil Mass. We put the kids to bed and set up the clues for them to find their baskets. Easter Sunday we had a family dinner where everyone was on their best behavior. My niece brought a college boy-friend along... I guess that makes me what, old?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:43 AM   #10
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

I watched way too much basketball this easter weekend and ate way too many M&Ms.

It's okay though... UNC is going to the final 4!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #11
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

One of the drawbacks to being non-religious is that you don't get to do the holidays.

Fortunately, the rest of the family is religious so I went to Pensacola to spend the weekend with my mother and let her feed me.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
I worked all day. Holidays are the worst to wait tables. All the scum comes out for special occasions. 15% tips were the norm today, no one cares that it's a holiday and instead of spending time with my family, I'm slaving for them.
This is why people have a problem with wait staff. You're bitching over an adequate tip.

No matter how "nice and fake" you were, the fake shows.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #13
lookout123
changed his status to single

ditto. 15% is adequate for adequate service. 20-25% is good for excellent service.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:03 PM   #14
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Traditional family get-together. Went to inlaws (1 hr drive) Sat afternoon, hung out, then went out to a favorite italian restaurant for the recent birthday of myself and father-in-law. Enjoyed several peach nectar martinis After kiddo in bed, hid eggs filled with coins and candy around house, dipped chocolate covered strawberries, and went to bed. Had inside egg hunt in the morning, opened easter baskets. Watched basketball off and on. After kiddo down for nap, put another set of eggs outside in backyard for her to find. More extended family arrive, have meal of ham, sweet potatoes/yams, deviled eggs, relishes, twice baked potatoes, homemade bread, several salads, and double dipped chocolate strawberries (I ate a total of 12 yesterday). Kiddo wakes up, eats, and does her second egg hunt, skipping the whole time. Afterward, sit around with various family members chatting and nibbling on easter goodies till 6 pm, then visited my mom for an hour before finally leaving for home.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #15
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
This is why people have a problem with wait staff. You're bitching over an adequate tip.

No matter how "nice and fake" you were, the fake shows.
If I get fake vibes off my wait staff, I won't tip. Period. It's ok if you're having a bad day and are a little cranky, as long as you get me what I want when it's supposed to be there. But if you're shining me on, you'll get nothing. I hate fake people.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote