The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-27-2005, 07:18 PM   #31
Carnivean
Romantic Necromancer

Congratulations.
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #32
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Friday, I finally received my photo license, by dint of much hollering and desk-pounding at PennDOT, who failed to remove the air brake restriction from my license. And then had the temerity to insist that their system doesn't make mistakes. I had to drive all the way back to Lester, obtain a copy of the form they send in, take that to Harrisburg, force the drone to look at it, admit that they did indeed make a mistake, another hour to find someone who knew how to correct the error, fix it and then twenty minutes more (for good measure) to print out a new photo license.

The way my luck has been running, I would not have been surprised if they had altered the expiration date to be the following week.

Anyway, the way is now clear to take that job offer at Werner. I'll keep y'all posted!

Now, where did I put that birth certificate?
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 03:21 AM   #33
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Thumbs up

Way to go, Brian! All the best to you, good buddy. From what I've been reading about Homeland Security lately, it sounds like they're planning to set up their own Check Stops, where truckers will have to pull over and swear allegiance to the flag and give a DNA sample while they check your documents. So find that birth certificate, have it notarized by FBI, and carry it at all times.

Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down and may you always be in the rockin' chair, the one South'n Girl signin' off, we' clear!