The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

June 5th, 2015: Bartzella

Bartzella is a peony. But Peonies range from white, through all the pinks, to deep red, and Bartzella is clearly yellow.
That’s because a mad scientist in Japan, Toichi Itoh, created hybridized monsters flowers in his lab.

This one is biding it’s time growing in Smithsonian’s Mary Livingston Ripley Garden, close to the Congress and White House.
Who knows how many have slunk into other important American cities like NYC, Chicago, or Las Vegas.

Remember, mad scientist, Japan, Bartzella, the sneezing won't be the worst part, you heard it here first.

With apologies to Shel

Quote:
Well, what do you know?
It's nibblin' my toe.
Oh, gee,
It's up to my knee.
Oh my,
It's up to my thigh.
Oh, fiddle,
It's up to my middle.
Oh, heck,
It's up to my neck.
Oh, dread,
It's upmmmmmmmmmmffffffffff . . .
Old 06-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
Snakeadelic
Banned

Let me make it SUPER EASY Japanese crazed botanist + too much free time + unregulated lab-grade hybridizing can =

http://s163.photobucket.com/user/och...93281.jpg.html

For those who have actual lives and don't know massive amounts of relevant trivia, Godzilla Vs. Biollante is a 1989 movie whose villain monster is half Godzilla, half rose bush, and imbued with the human spirit of the creator's deceased daughter. I have a philodendron that was 2 feet tall when it was given to me and now takes up an entire 5-foot-tall arbor, so I named it Biollante. No sign of residual spirits or nuclear activity from it...yet...and no recipes because I dunno about peonies but I think philodendrons are fairly toxic.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
Snakeadelic
Banned

Something about this also sounded familiar in a non-kaiju way, and then I remembered that we do have non-dyed blue roses now, but they had to be created by splicing in color-production genes from I think it was pansies.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Such a pretty flower. A yellow peony!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
Let me make it SUPER EASY Japanese crazed botanist + too much free time + unregulated lab-grade hybridizing can =

http://s163.photobucket.com/user/och...93281.jpg.html

For those who have actual lives and don't know massive amounts of relevant trivia, Godzilla Vs. Biollante is a 1989 movie whose villain monster is half Godzilla, half rose bush, and imbued with the human spirit of the creator's deceased daughter. I have a philodendron that was 2 feet tall when it was given to me and now takes up an entire 5-foot-tall arbor, so I named it Biollante. No sign of residual spirits or nuclear activity from it...yet...and no recipes because I dunno about peonies but I think philodendrons are fairly toxic.
FEED ME, SEYMOUR!!!