Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #6526
glatt

cool!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #6527
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

that was hilarious.
"my enemy is his own worst enemy..."
"get some purchase..."
Old 03-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #6528
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Liked it, Dana.
Bordering on typecasting for male homosexuals though. He was completely right in his portrayal of anal sex (male-male or male-female) but that's not the be-all and end-all of gay sex. I'd also have liked him to parody the reality of hetero sex, especially with inexperienced partners/ one night stands. That would have felt less Us and Them to me.

But I did grin widely at the fact he was floored by J's responses. I mean, what are the odds? Sounds like he coped well though. And what a fantastic birthday present! I am beginning to understand your relationship with J better now.

I am happy because I get to see the DC this weekend.
The DC being DanaC of course.
No idea why I came over all old-skool.

But also happy because I've had such a wonderful week with the cub. Without wanting to be too negative, it can't last. I'm currently working on concepts in language which he can easily grasp and then transfer into general conversation after practise. I expect there will have to be a time when we start working on social issues, and the4re will be more conflict.

I'm still very positive though, because we have established a rapport, and I think I am beginning to understand his brand of logic.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #6529
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Your work with the cub sounds awesome Sundae.

On the homosexuality thing: he was specificallyreferring to childhood signals and their anatomical oddities. His comic persona is basically a huge perv. Monumental perv. Animal, vegetable or mineral.

Talking of J and I being friends. Don't know if I posted it here, but last month was 21 years since we first met. 13 years as partners, and another 8 years as bezzy mates. *smiles*

Oh, and just to drop back to Herring. Did I mention I was close enough to see his eyes? He has gorgeous eyes. Fascinating in interview as well. Very clever guy.

Anyways: yey for the upcoming weekend of fun. Oh, and I have a little something to smoke too :p Nothing too fancy, not the good stuff...I know a friendly farmer who passes me the chaff so to speak.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #6530
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
On the homosexuality thing: he was specificallyreferring to childhood signals and their anatomical oddities. His comic persona is basically a huge perv. Monumental perv. Animal, vegetable or mineral.
Ta. I've not seen enough of him to know that. Anything with a poctcode?
Quote:
Oh, and just to drop back to Herring. Did I mention I was close enough to see his eyes? He has gorgeous eyes.
In a completely natural way, I'd like to say Tiger has astounding eyes too. They are not dissimilar to the colour of Diz's eyes. He is getting better and better with eye contact with me, so I see his peepers more often now.
Quote:
Anyways: yey for the upcoming weekend of fun.
Oh YAY!
But do get some earplugs chick.
In that sitch I am the Amazing Snoring Woman.

Looking forward lots & lots.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #6531
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I was watering the Spargoose bed this afternoon , and Look what I saw ,

DSCF7105 by zippyt, on Flickr
Then another , and another , and another , and WOW They are Sproutn All Over the Place !!!

DSCF7109 by zippyt, on Flickr
Old 03-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #6532
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I love fresh sparra grass!

btw, I signed in to comment on your post Zippy, and I put my password as yumm, which of course is not it, and didn't work. lol
Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #6533
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I gotz To many Boobie Pix , Flicker made my account restricted ,
The Bastiges !!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #6534
Griff
still says videotape

You're making me very angry with your early asparagus.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #6535
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Someone told me once that asparagus takes three years before it actually produces an above-the-surface plant. Is that even remotely true?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #6536
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Someone told me once that asparagus takes three years before it actually produces an above-the-surface plant. Is that even remotely true?
I heard that too - just a few days ago!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #6537
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
It's more than remotely true, it's proximally true. From seed it is 3 years and then your harvest window is short. If you over harvest you'll kill the plant. Most people start by buying "crowns" that are a year or two old. after several years the asparagus stand should be vigorous and enable several weeks of harvesting.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #6538
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt View Post
I was watering the Spargoose bed this afternoon , and Look what I saw ,

Then another , and another , and another , and WOW They are Sproutn All Over the Place !!!

Here's my Aspararagus:
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #6539
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hebe got 1st place in the 100Y breaststroke at tri-county championships. Seems once she found her killer instinct it was hard to lose -and she did it from sixth seed, lane 7. This is a hat-trick of breaststroke firsts in multi-team meets after her very first one just three weeks ago. I am a proud and happy mama. She dropped time and placed onher two other individual races too.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #6540
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Waved Sundae off at the station bout 90 mins ago. We had such fun! Lots of laughter.

Oh, and walking around central London is an entirely different experience when you aren't on your own, and when the person with you knows their way around! Awesome. Kicked around Covent Garden for a bit, taking in the sights (and buying a ridiculously expensive bathrobe from the Covent Garden Bathrobe Company...oh gods but it's beautiful.)

Sundae knew a really lovely Belgian restaurant, so we had our dinner there. I'd never have even noticed it if I'd walked past, what a hidden treasure. Really nice, low-key, chilled atmosphere. Really unusual interior desiign. And prices that wouldn't be out of place in a Halifax pub/restaurant.

I was so glad to have her company for the weekend. Made this a fun trip, rather than just a work trip. Bless her she even watched a Being Human episode with me. Even though it really isn't her thing :p I probably shouldn't inflict my obsessions on my friends, but I just have to....it's a sickness :p

Good fun, great company, and the sights of the city. Yey.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote