The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #346
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Actually the OCD helps with the training---doing the same trick over and over and over until it's perfect. It's the "magic" rituals that finally got to me. If he enters a certain room he has to do a ritual with his feet or hands (something he thinks other people don't notice but I notice) and he's weird about food (as you can see he's a bit on the thin side) all he has to do is take one little pill a day and these compulsions would go away but he won't do it. He thinks he should be able to OUT THINK his own brain wiring. Like a depressed person willing themself out of depression. All I know is that willing yourself out of chemical nuttiness doesn't work BUT he is better.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #347
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I once willed myself out of a broken ankle. It took me 8 weeks in a cast, but I was finally successful!

j/k But that is kind of how my wife thinks. She still thinks a) she's not depressed and b) Depression is a weakness of character.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #348
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
j/k But that is kind of how my wife thinks. She still thinks a) she's not depressed and b) Depression is a weakness of character.
that's what Danny thinks, too.

It drives me batty when he doesn't have to suffer but insists that he does.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #349
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

He has the perfect 'entertainers' face Tril. I hope this sustains him for a long while, since he loves it so much.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #350
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
He has the perfect 'entertainers' face Tril. I hope this sustains him for a long while, since he loves it so much.
thanks. He is charming when he wants to be. and he has a good smile.

it's funny--when I was pregnant with him his father (who has dark brown hair) said, "He'd better not have red hair!" (my family has it) and what do you know- I got a redhead anyway!

—James Barrie

Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #351
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360530505.580027.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  67.6 KB

Trying to settle the argument with my aunt of who my daughter looks like, I pulled this together. That's me on the left and Kitsune on the right.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #352
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm going to say Kitsune, but there's obviously plenty of you in there Choco.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #353
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

The facial expression makes Beans match Kits more, but with a smiling photo of you, that might reverse.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #354
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

I think she looks like Kitsune way more than me. It's funny, though, because people say she either looks JUST like me or JUST like him. No one says "Oh, a good mix!"

Either way, I'm not sure where her abject cuteness comes from.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360891032.843983.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  17.4 KB
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #355
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think the sunglasses help with the cute bit. lol Could be those chubby cheeks too though.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #356
Griff
still says videotape

I've had people tell me my girls look just like me, then they meet Pete and suggest I wasn't there at all...
Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #357
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My mother-in-law seems to think that the highest compliment you can give someone is that their children resemble them. She is most especially determined to do this when the child is mixed-race like two of her grandchildren. Someday she's going to start marveling in the grocery store at the cross-racial resemblance of what turns out to be an adopted child, I'm just waiting with bated breath.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #358
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
My mother-in-law seems to think that the highest compliment you can give someone is that their children resemble them.
I noticed older Asians do the same. My mom said we should say the baby looks like the dad so his side of the family would love the baby. It's usually the mother's side of the family who loves and care for the baby more. I don't know about this society, but for Vietnamese, the woman goes home to her mother to give birth and to be taken cared for.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #359
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I brought the box of pictures in to work last night, and started scanning them. These are all from the pre digital days....

Spencer was a cute little bugger:
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #360
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Name:  SPENCER9017.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  162.8 KB
Easter Egg Hunt!

Name:  SPENCER9079.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  85.1 KB