The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
Jeboduuza
Custom User Title

Good night, Cellar

Yes, another "I'm retiring speech." Read it or don't, your choice.

I don't know how you "regulars" do it. From my short lived experience, this place has some closeness to it that I just haven't really seen in other forums. There are a lot more older folk here too, so it seems more wise and focussed discussion here. Plus, this forum is about, life, not a specific topic.

But it is too brutal here. The people here are down right mean. And unlike other forums, you guys develop your put downs and beat people over the head with it over and over and over again. Sometimes, for self amusement. That is horrible. I mean it with all my heart. Some of the shit that is stirred here is downright awful and, right now at least, the forum is giving off a very bad aura of hate. Let me say it again, you dwellars are mean spirited and wouldn't dare say these things to people in real life. Act all coy and intelligent and as cocky as you want over an internet forum but some of you assholes wouldn't be talking so much shit for no reason except for your own personal amusement.

Remember my first cellar meta thread, treehouse club? Well I wanted to believe what everyone had said. But after seeing the recent pummelings of inhabitants such as sky and fnc by a group, again, I can see that this place needs to be refurbished. I mean one person believes something unpopular or says something "semi controversial" and one member of the treehouse club raises an eyebrow and before you know it the whole tree is knocking on the accused. Not just knocking, but assaulting to the extreme.This, as many educated people know, is group think. And the cellar has it's inner circle and outer circle. And the inner circle is very capable of group think and uses it often.

I cannot believe that no one said anything when lumberjim said here-->http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15470 AFTER HE HEARD I said that she was lost at WTC. No one said shit. Everyone here is too afraid to have lumberjim drop insult bombs on them (for months) to speak up. This community needs some real work if it cannot give compassion to a victim who was really hurt that someone added MORE to a very hurtful statement. And you know what? That asshole is just going to follow up this post with "well at least your mom still calls me!" And everyone will laugh and glance at each other but won't dare to call out a treehouse club member. Because lumberjim is not a decent person and he will try at every chance to tear you apart. Look how everyone turned a blind eye when he said those hurtful words to me. Look at fnc, everyone on the board is on his ass. Why? Because he dresses with apparel that you don't agree with? Why the hell do you care? Look at the earlier case with sky. You people spend time drawing pictures of an anti Sky club. You all took time to photoshop her picture to upset her. This cellar is cold, cold as ice.

Now before I leave and before you guys huddle up to decide what to say, think for yourself. Do you enjoy seeing other people torn apart because it's fun? Indifference of good people, is much worse than the evils of bad. "Oh lighten up, it's all fun!" What a bunch of bullshit. I'm not even going to address that reasoning.

And by the way, I would never want lumberjim to feel the pain I've felt. Maybe he already has, and if he did then I would never joke about it. Who would actually mean something as mean spirited as what he said? May the cosmos have pity on that person's soul.

I'm 18 years old, working full time at a grocery store trying to get into customer service management. Laugh at me, ridicule me, but then you're just proving my point of the cellar's mean spirited attitude. Aren't I just stumbling upon my own two feet on this path we call life, just like you.

Lumberjim made me cry for an hour that night. You can say all that shit about me as much as you want but as soon as you start messing with people I care about that's when the line is crossed. Especially when you come back for seconds after knowing full well the seriousness of my loss.

Sorry to go all emotional, but I'd trade everyone on this forum to have my sister back. Tell me you wouldn't do the same for your own beloved family member.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
rkzenrage

Nope. I would not murder to have my own back if that is what you are talking about.
LJ is in pain and tries to share it every chance he gets by trying to hurt others, it is his hobby, we have just all learned to ignore it. I am sorry, for my part, that it hurt you.
However, if you are going to paint the entire board with that brush, I think you should leave.
The majority of the members here are wonderful, compassionate, caring people.
You are overreacting, and that is your choice... LJ cannot make you feel anything.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 09-27-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

@doobie,

that was awesome.

@ ragehole: shut up
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Nope. I would not murder to have my own back if that is what you are talking about.
LJ is in pain and tries to share it every chance he gets by trying to hurt others, it is his hobby,
wait.....lemme guess...you used to be a psychologist?
Quote:
we have just all learned to ignore it.
what do you mean 'we'? you got a mouse in your pocket?
Quote:
I am sorry, for my part, that it hurt you.
i thought you were smart? this is a gag, obviously.
Quote:
However, if you are going to paint the entire board with that brush, I think you should leave.
The majority of the members here are wonderful, compassionate, caring people.
You are overreacting, and that is your choice... LJ cannot make you feel anything.
i CAN, however make YOU look really really stupid. over and over again.

say some more stupid shit.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #5
lookout123
changed his status to single

LJ, how do we know this is a gag? after 3.5 years of reading your posts i'm fairly confident in saying i don't believe you'd purposely rip on a guy/dead sister unless you were sure it was BS (a la Mari**ko) but what has tipped you off?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

lookout....if you read that....

i cracked on his sister in a totally random fashion. just to interest him. i even said it right there in that post.

then he came back with she died in 9-11. which i assume is total BS, and even if it wasnt.....wtf? like i was supposed to know that...and like it would matter anyway. so....i crack back...and then this?

he said he was bored and looking to connect....dont fall for it.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
Cloud

Very well put, Jeb. Don't blame you one bit. I have felt the same. And yet, there is worthwhile discussion and there are worthwhile people here.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #8
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

suspects that all of the democrats will fall for this shit.
I have to crash now.....I can hardly wait until tomorrow. thanks, jebbo.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:44 AM   #9
freshnesschronic
Professor

Well, he must be a poet because I couldn't pseudo write this poem about my sister. Here
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:57 AM   #10
Ibby
erika

Nobody said shit, jeb?

You know, except, uh, well, me?
Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 AM   #11
NoBoxes

Lumberjim, be concerned but don't worry. In the linked thread, Jeboduuza didn't hesitate to call you a dickhead before any spurious reference to a (hypothetical) sister was made. After your rebuttal, the sympathy card was quickly played in Jeboduuza's next post and now follows this display of general distain designed to manipulate others into retaliation against you. This is neither in character for someone who's signature line is "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire" nor is it in character for for someone who has weathered a tragic loss due to violence after this amount of time.

My first impression in the linked thread was that Jeboduuza's claim was a retaliatory hoax. This farewell thread raises the possibility that Jeboduuza is a very sheltered and/or immature person for an alleged 18 year old.

I found Jeboduuza's departure to be appropriate in the instant of reading the initial post of this thread.

@ freshnesschronic: Jeboduuza posted that just 22 MINUTES after he played the sympathy card. Think - manipulation of the gullible.

@ Ibram: You and others.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 AM   #12
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
I cannot believe that no one said anything when lumberjim said here-->http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15470 AFTER HE HEARD I said that she was lost at WTC. No one said shit.
Except that practically ever post after that was by someone telling LJ they thought he'd gone too far.

Jeb, sorry you haven't enjoyed the Cellar. Sorry to hear of your loss. Sorry that you're leaving. But...

Group think? No. What you have in the Cellar is a fairly sizeable little community of individuals. Those individuals occassionally break into little cliques and factions. Those cliques and factions are not set in stone, they shift and change with the wind. That's what happens in communities (if they're a real community that is).

You think we're all so scared of LJ? Oh come on. I am so tired of hearing that particular drum-beat. Yes, Lj can be a twat. Yes, he can often be found at the centre of a clique or group who are in friction with another clique, group, or individual. Is he somehow controlling the Cellar? no of course he fucking isn't.

Jeb, the Cellar is a robust place. I'm sorry you decided you can't stay here, but you may have made the right decision.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #13
Flint
Snowflake

:::ring ring ring::: Hello?
Yes, this is a ten-foot-pole calling, would you like to touch this with me?
I'm sorry, you have the wrong number. Also, please take me off your list.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #14
glatt

I'm guilty.

I thought LJ's initial post was mildly funny.

Jeb's response that "She's dead, you jerk." is the standard response (a lie) to a "mother joke." I didn't think it was true. Apparently neither did LJ.

Then LJ's comment about the mom after that made me snort. Most people would have let it drop at that point because of the very slim possibility that the sister really was dead, but LJ is confident in his BS detector. He figured it was a lie and he went for the big laugh. I found it to be quite funny in a shocking sort of way.

Maybe the sister did die in the WTC. If so, then what LJ said was terrible. But I think it's unlikely. This thread has me wondering though.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

WHY is it terrible?

why would it be more terrible than if she had died in her bed of pnemonia? or ass cancer or something? because the media has brainwashed you into associating everything having anything to do with 9-11 as being sacred for some reason. you know it, and it still works on you. man....that's some powerful shit, that propaganda. you could probably convince a nation of people that it makes sense to invade another country.....oh wait..... come to think of it....some of you are probably wanting to invade me right about now? aren'tcha?