The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2015, 04:05 AM   #19
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

So, the message I sent Aden seems to have helped. We've been talking and exchanging messages most days since then. He hasn't come home, but I think that's probably ok for now. I need to work on Mav and where he's going with things anyway. I tell you, I am sure teenagers are much harder than little kids. Yeah, little kids need the self control and and boundaries and discipline and physical energy, but it's a walk in the park compared to the emotional issues surrounding teenagers. Those creatures can cut a parent to the quick without even giving it a thought, then 10 minutes later come in asking what's for pudding without even batting an eye. Seriously, my boys are compassionate, but they really don't seem to realise how self absorbed they are. Is that the same with all teenagers? haha Pretty sure it is. That's what all my friends say anyway. Things are better now though, so that's good.

In other news, I think my shrink is trying to give me the heave ho. He told me not to come back for a month after our last visit. I guess that's ok too.

Besides that, my life revolves around cakes these days, and things are proceeding nicely. I did have a discussion with Daryl about him actually keeping the kids for the whole weekend instead of bringing them back just after lunch on Sundays. My reasoning is that I really only have the two days they're with him to really go hard on building my business, so I need the full two days. I need this business to succeed so that my finances don't depend on anyone but myself. When I first agreed to let him provide for me financially it was a really big thing for me, and I need to get back to where I was before. That is my main goal this year. To not need to rely on handouts from anyone, including him. I must succeed. There is no other option. Thankfully, I think I will. I feel pretty confident.

So anyway, that's a bit more drivel for you to digest. Lucky buggers aren't you? haha