The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-25-2004, 12:14 AM   #46
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I can recommend a popup camper, which provides for varying levels of elevation in addition to much more comfort than the average tent.

Use caution, though. The first time we did the wild thing in ours, we didn't have the wheels chocked, and we didn't know you were supposed to leave the tongue jack down. The increasing harmonic vibrations we were generating caused the camper to roll forward enough to collapse the front pair of jacks, and the whole camper went kaboom on the tongue.

It was funny, in a "gee, we're not too smart" sort of way. Cost $150 to fix, though.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:46 AM   #47
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Camping horror storys ,
Lets see , how about the time we went for a 4 day week end and it rained the whole time , ALL tarps were put up for shelter , and luckely a friend lived near by that worked at a saw mill , so we had PLENTY of fire wood , we only singed 2 tarps , and had plenty of out side ( bark side ) planks to make walk ways with , every thing was cool exept this kid that was a TOTAL ASS to his mother , cussing her and calling her names . I snatched him up by the shirt front more than once saying " Kids DON'T talk to their parents THAT way around me !!!" His mom just blew it off as normal .

or the time when i was stationed in Iceland and some guys from my Platoon and i desided to go camping , the weather turned COLD and these dickless wounders left me out there by my self in -20f temps , i showed them , i stayed gone for 3 more days by my self ( i will have to scan some of the pics one day ) , I back packed to the southernmost point in Iceland that I could walk to . When i came back in a taxi there was search partys out looking for me .

Or the time once again in Iceland when the Air force PJ's ( these guys are the elete of the elete search and rescue guys !!!) want some aggressers to do some combat rescue senerios . They went to the Marine guards ( i was one of them ) to get the volieters . When they droped us off ( 5 miles from the designated drop point) i knew we were in trouble when i had to tell the CPL in charge of us to flip his map over ( yes Splode i have a map and will scan it for you one day, VERRY lunar land scape ) then the radio that they had given us didn't work , then the weather got bad( in Iceland this meens 50-80 knot winds , sub zero temps and every kind on rain snow and sleet there is ) . Luckl'y they had given us these rescue radios . After a week ( we had 2 days of chow ) the weather cleared and i saw a contrail WAY up in the air , I turned on the resque radio just for shits and heard a voice
" Marines , marines , this is highway 25 , come in over "
I said " high way 25 this the marines , where have you boys been?" " marines , this is highway 25 what is your status ??" " highway 25 we are cold wet and hungry , over " at this point the Cpl snatched the radio out of my hands and arranged for our pick up . befor the debriefing he told us " don't say a fucking word" ( I'll have to fire up the scanner for some of these pics as well )
Old 03-25-2004, 12:52 AM   #48
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
i was stationed in Iceland
whook!

who'd you piss off?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:09 AM   #49
zippyt

Now for a good a camping story ,
When i was stationed at camp Penn. Cali. I would get totaly SICK of ALL humanity every now and then . I would pack my small day pack with an absalutly minamal load and head over the hills to the beach ( 10 miles , no big , we used to walk 30+miles with full combat load in under 8 hours ) A friend in my platoon had a crossbow pistol with a 70 pound pull bow on it and broad head arrows , i would borow this and pot a few rabbits and rattle snakes along the way . The first time i did this i was suprised to find nude sunbathers ( this was a restricted millatary beach for training , HELL i wasn't even supposed to be there ) . I would gather fire wood along the last few miles and pitch a small camp on the beach . The nudie folks didn't know just what to make of me but were friendly and would share drinks, and food with me , ( i wish i could scan some pics from these adventures but the film was confiscated at the PX when i tried to get it developed , to many nude folks in the pics ).
I would stay on the beach for 2-4 days and just CHILL .
One little pice of advice though pack sun screen when going NATIVE on the beach !!!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 01:14 AM   #50
zippyt

who'd you piss off?

No body . I am ALLWAYS up for an adventure , and i had a few there . I meen hell how many folks do you know that can say they lived in Iceland for a year ????
Old 03-25-2004, 01:28 AM   #51
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The family of one of my coworkers is from Iceland.

When he returned from his tour in Vietnam (in the Marines) they sent him there for a year to get his head back on straight.

Seemed to have worked.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:38 AM   #52
zippyt

The family of one of my coworkers is from Iceland.

When he returned from his tour in Vietnam (in the Marines) they sent him there for a year to get his head back on straight.

Seemed to have worked.

And that Ms Wolf is why there is ( or WAS ) a curfew of 11pm on American service folks. A few adventures dodgeing the Icelandic PD as well
Old 03-25-2004, 01:40 AM   #53
zippyt

and also why the girls in Iceland were afraid of Marines !!!!!

Last edited by zippyt; 03-25-2004 at 01:59 AM.
zippyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #54
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
So, you're saying that a comfy campin' woman is more interested in nookie than a cold, uncomfortable woman, huh?
I know **I** am!

None of that ... "OW!! Baby, there's a rock pokin my back!!"

or

"OW Damn pebbles diggin in to my knees!!"

MUCH happier Cougar when there are comfy blankets and pillows.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:39 PM   #55
Elspode

Quote:
Originally posted by zippyt
( yes Splode i have a map and will scan it for you one day, VERRY lunar land scape )
[Elspode does happy dance with much whooping and thrashing of hands in the air}
Old 03-25-2004, 11:45 PM   #56
zippyt

[Elspode does happy dance with much whooping and thrashing of hands in the air}

Splode , I am sorry I searched high and low for the map but it is no where to be found
Old 03-26-2004, 01:24 PM   #57
Elspode

{formerly ecstatic Elspode abruptly ceases the Happy Dance and begins to sob softly}