Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-30-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

My nomination for Associate Justice of the Supreme Court

From
here.

Quote:
Fitzgerald also won't discuss the actions of Rove. One of Bush's closest advisors, Rove testified before the grand jury four times. Rove has said through his lawyer that he has been told by Fitzgerald that he could still be charged. But if he is not prosecuted, the story of his actions are likely to remain secret.

Fitzgerald acknowledged the frustration that some people feel in wanting to learn more about the actions of public officials. "I know that people want to know whatever it is that we know, and they're probably sitting at home with TVs thinking, 'I want to jump through the TV, grab him by his collar and tell him to tell us everything they've figured out over the last two years,' " the prosecutor said Friday.

"We just can't do that," he said, "not because we enjoy holding back information from you. That's the law."
An apolitical and conscientious lawyer in Washington? How rare is that? Does this guy keep a unicorn in his garage?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

He really seems to believe in the law doesn't he? The sad part is that Bush will pull a Clinton, pardoning anybody who goes down. That means Libby won't roll over because he faces no jail time rather than the 30 years everyone is talking about.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
warch
lurkin old school

I like the cut of Fitz's jib. If ever there was a reason to believe again in the rule of law, truth and justice, it seems like its this guy.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #4
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

With a name like Patrick J. Fitzgerald, is this another Kennedy?? Well, whatever, he's a champ. That was only the second time I remember in my life that the momster and I watched the same broadcast and both came away with the same high opinion of somebody in government
Old 11-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #5
Amnesiac42
just a guy

yeah, he seems pretty dedicated to the law. it's important for people to know that even those at the helm aren't above the law, and he seems to understand that.

you know, libby says that he didn't do anything wrong, but if that were really the case, why would he resign? unless it was one of those "quit now so i don't have to fire you" deals.
Amnesiac42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #6
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Not that I think he's in any way innocent, but he had to resign to concentrate on his defense. When you're being prosecuted, that takes up a considerable amount of your concentration.

Plus, politically, it was almost certainly one of those "quit now so i don't have to fire you" deals.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

On the Daily Show last night, they had Fitzgerald's predecessor, who investigated Clinton for his perjury. That guy said that he personally was amazed at how far this investigation had gone, and said he certainly felt it was the farthest a leak investigation had ever been pushed. It was an interesting interview overall.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote