The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #4591
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Saw this on somebody's FB page:
Nice. Better than nice! My new mantra!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #4592
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

An organization and methods engineer submitted this report after visiting the Royal Festival Hall:

For considerable periods the four oboe players had nothing to do. Their numbers should be reduced, and the work spread more evenly over the whole of the concert, thus eliminating peaks of activity.

All the twelve violins were playing identical notes. This seems unnecessary multiplication. The staff of this section should be drastically cut; if a large volume of sound is required, it could be obtained by means of electronic amplifiers.

Much effort was absorbed in the playing of demisemiquavers. This seems to be an unnecessary refinement. It is recommended that all notes should be rounded up to the nearest semiquaver. If this were done it would be possible to use trainees and lower grade operatives more extensively.

There seems to be too much repetition of some musical passages. Scores should be drastically pruned. No useful purpose is served by repeating on the horns a passage which has already been handled by the strings. It is estimated that if all redundant passages were eliminated, the whole concert time of two hours could be reduced to twenty minutes, and there would be no need for an interval.

The Conductor agrees generally with these recommendations, but expresses the opinion that there might be some falling-off in box-office receipts. In that unlikely event it should be possible to close sections of the auditorium entirely, with a consequential saving of overhead expenses — lighting, attendants, etc.

If the worst came to the worst, the whole thing could be abandoned and the public could go to the Albert Hall instead.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #4593
Ibby
erika

They posted that bit on my absolute favorite random-fun-trivia-and-shit blog Futility Closet (An idler's miscellany of compendious amusements) the other day, Bruce. Love it.

Pulled this off there too. Apologies for uh not knowing how to superscript numbers on here.

Quote:
“Standards for inconsequential trivia,” offered by Philip A. Simpson in the NBS Standard, Jan. 1, 1970:

10^-15 bismols = 1 femto-bismol
10^-12 boos = 1 picoboo
1 boo^2 = 1 boo-boo
10^-18 boys = 1 attoboy
10^12 bulls = 1 terabull
10^1 cards = 1 decacards
10^-9 goats = 1 nanogoat
2 gorics = 1 paregoric
10^-3 ink machines = 1 millink machine
10^9 los = 1 gigalos
10^-1 mate = 1 decimate
10^-2 mentals = 1 centimental
10^-2 pedes = 1 centipede
10^6 phones = 1 megaphone
10^-6 phones = 1 microphone
10^12 pins = 1 terapin
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #4594
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Humor is the only appropriate place for this.
Quote:
Skrillex, a Gothic icon and Lesbian fashionista whose name is Latin for “Homosexual Satan Wasp”, is the biggest act in Dubstep today — a music genre founded on consuming massive amounts of drugs and having raucous pre-marital sex with numerous partners — and his winnings at the 2012 Grammys prove that his satanic presence will be felt for years to come. As long as Skrillex wins Grammys and is accepted by mainstream media, he will claim souls for Satan and molest our children through his perverse philosophy of futuristic devil machine music.

Skrillex is the inventor of “dubstep” whose sole purpose is to provide a “drop” — common youth terminology for procuring and snorting drugs. In addition, the rhythm patterns he employs in his “music” are known to cause seizures to certain people, which provides ample opportunity for other concert-goers to rape said afflicted person(s).

Skrillex, a known emosexual, was born Sonny Moore. He rose to fame with the satanic Rock ‘n roll band “From First To Last” (a band name that celebrates falling from God’s grace) and soon parlayed that success into something much more blasphemous; something that incorporates elements of Warhol-era rampant homosexuality and perversion, electronic “music” and lesbian-influenced haircuts. It is rumored that 1 in 3 women are raped at a Skrillex concert and forced to abort their children soon after.

Over 100% of homosexual gays listen to, or have listened to Skrillex in their life — mostly while participating in door-to-door recruitment for sex orgies or attempting to molest children in one of the patented “Rape Vans” used by the gay homo community.

In addition, Skrillex has launched a grotesque fashion trend, where upon weak-minded woman destroy their hallowed vessels of child birthing by SHAVING the side of their head — the same thing responsible for the downfall of Samson is being ENCOURAGED by this gnome-ish pervert. Skrillex will stop at nothing to get every teen in America hooked on dubstep and “ecstasy” (a potent street drug responsible for terrorism).
From this fool.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #4595
Ibby
erika

Bruce, bruce, bruce...
that's christwire, bruce.
Poe's law.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #4596
Ibby
erika

This really gives it away.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #4597
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

In that case, I'll check that one OFF my list.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #4598
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Bruce, bruce, bruce...
that's christwire, bruce.
Poe's law.
I told you it belongs in humor.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #4599
Ibby
erika

I just figured that if you were calling the author "this fool" you musta been missing something.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #4600
classicman

Two blonds were sipping their Starbuck's when a truck went past loaded up with rolls of sod.
"I'm going to do that when I win the lottery," announced Blond #1.
"Do what?" asked Blond #2.

"Send my lawn out to be mowed."
Old 06-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #4601
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

haaaahahahahah!!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #4602
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I like a blond joke that is about men.

Typically all you hear are blonde jokes. A blond joke is rare, but better.

What, you assumed women?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #4603
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
A blond walks up to the counter and says in a loud voice, "I'd like a cheeseburger, fries and a large coke."

The woman behind the counter says, "Umm, this is a library."

The Blond leans closer and whispers, "I'd like a cheeseburger, fries, and a large coke."
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #4604
classicman

A very prestigious cardiologist died and was given a very elaborate funeral by the hospital he worked for most of his life....
A huge heart... covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the service as all the doctors from the hospital sat in awe.
Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside.
The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners just -burst- into laughter.
When all eyes stared at him, he said, 'I am so sorry, I was just thinking of my own funeral...
I'm a gynecologist.

The proctologist fainted.

Last edited by classicman; 06-22-2012 at 08:49 PM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #4605
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

There were three men and a woman who all died and met with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. The first man steps up to St. Peter and St. Peter asks, "What do you want?"

The man says "I want to come into heaven."

So St. Peter checks his list and says, "Well, you can't because when you were alive all you wanted was money. Money, money, money. You were so fond of money that you even married a girl named Penny!" So the first man left and the second man stepped up and St. Peter said, "What do you want?"

The second man replied, "I want to come into heaven."

So St. Peter checks his list and says, "Well, you can't because when you were alive all you did was drink. Drink, drink, drink. You were so fond of drinking that you even married a girl named Brandy!"

So the second man left but before St. Peter could ask the third man what he wanted, the third man says to the woman who died with him, his wife, "Well, let's go Fanny."

Tags
humor