The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 07-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #46
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm with Pico. Generally if a guy is doing all he can to impress you by helping you out with jobs around the house etc, then he's probably after your attention and affection. That'd probably be his 'angle'.

It's very cool to be cynical about people's motives these days, but seriously, there are a lot of lovely people out there who really just want to be loved. What's so wrong with that?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #47
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Right on, Ali!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #48
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
It's very cool to be cynical about people's motives these days, but seriously, there are a lot of lovely people out there who really just want to be loved.
And get in her pants.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #49
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Guys who help you out, one thing...clingy guys who fall all over themselves over everything you do, that's a whole other ball of wax. Desperately needing to be loved in order to maintain any semblance of self-worth, or because they just can't be alone, is not a good thing; that kind of fawning adoration will either burn out or make you sick of the sight of them, knowing their every ounce of happiness should not depend on whether or not you like them that day. I dated one of those. I really really tried. He took me to great places, did whatever I wanted, but would cry if I was feeling quiet and not responding to his every "are you OK? did I do something? please talk to me. please..." Just saying "I'm not very talkative right now, I'm just quiet sometimes" only led to more pleading, which made me quieter, which made him whine more, which pissed me off.

Just my 2 cents, without passing what would be ill-informed judgment on any of the guys.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #50
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I'm with Pico. Generally if a guy is doing all he can to impress you by helping you out with jobs around the house etc, then he's probably after your attention and affection. That'd probably be his 'angle'.

well, duh
who the fuck wouldn't love that
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #51
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Meh, Diesel dude is MIA

I have a lunch date later this week with....errr.....river dude. He's a guy I met online last year, but the timing was really crappy and we stopped chatting (seriously crappy, we were chatting on the phone and he walked in to find his elderly mother passed on )....
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #52
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

River Dude?
No, he's Crappy Timing Dude to me.

Hey - it could be worse, he could be Dead Mother Dude.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:12 AM   #53
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

ok....River dude (named coz he lives near the Murray River), shall hereby be known as Bad Timing Dude.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #54
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

So...hows it goin?
Old 08-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #55
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ducky, you have to move to Nar Nar Goon town in Victoria state!
Quote:
There's a "man drought" on the Australian coast, and a "man dam" in the country’s remote bush. Though the nation was flush with men some 30 years ago, due to immigration policies that favored males, today's Australian women have it harder than their baby boomer sisters did 30 years ago.

Demographer Bernard Salt's book "Man Drought," which was released this week, reveals that love is really where you look for it in Australia, and that it pays to go the distance.

“There is simply less product for 30-something women, in particular, to choose from,” he said.

"In the old days, we believed Mr. or Mrs. Right would show up someday, but as we remain single for much longer, and are far more mobile, the chances are more remote," Salt told Reuters.
link
Old 08-31-2008, 02:54 AM   #56
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Mrs. Right???!!!
That just ain't right!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #57
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

This made headlines last month....

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsvillebulletin
A SEVERE female drought has gripped Mount Isa, but Mayor John Molony thinks he has the answer: ugly girls.

Men outnumber women at a ratio of about five to one in the testosterone town and the female famine is taking its toll on young blokes.

But the quick-thinking Mayor suggested these could be the perfect conditions for `ugly ducklings' to flourish into beautiful swans and find true happiness in the Isa.

"May I suggest if there are five blokes to every girl, we should find out where there are beauty-disadvantaged women and ask them to proceed to Mount Isa," Cr Molony said.

"Quite often you will see walking down the street a lass who is not so attractive with a wide smile on her face. Whether it is recollection of something previous or anticipation for the next evening, there is a degree of happiness.

"Often those who are beauty-disadvantaged are uphappy with their lot.

"Some, in other places in Australia, need to proceed to Mount Isa where happiness awaits.

"And, really, beauty is only skin deep. Isn't there a fairy tale about an ugly duckling that evolves into a beautiful swan?"

The miners' mecca has traditionally been a man's world – and young fellas say living in the Isa is about earning money, not finding love.

In 2006 there were just 819 females aged 20-24 living in town, compared with 994 in 1996. While most blokes accept the female drought is `just the way it is out here' – they still have a few suggestions as to how to lure the ladies out west.

Builder Paul Woodlands, 25, said the pay for jobs traditionally filled by women did not seem to match what the blokes could earn and there was little incentive for women to stay in the remote town.

"I know a few women who have come out here to do hairdressing, but they left to go back to the coast because the pay was bad and there's not much to do," Mr Woodlands said.

"I think if they improved wages for those types of jobs, it might help.

"There's definitely a lack of beautiful women, blokes are not as picky – you take what you can get."

Grant Rollings, 26, dubbed the Isa `the beer goggle' capital of Australia.

He said blokes were far less choosy when it came to women, because they were few and far between.

Electrician Paul McDonald said his mates warned him not to bring his girlfriend to the Isa as she would become prey to the men.

Though he claimed the divorce rate is skyrocketing in Mount Isa, after 12 months he is still happily attached.

Fly-in, fly-out miner Luke Eastgate, 22, hinted that while there were women around, many were not the type to take home to meet your mother.

"There are a small number of professionals, like school teachers and nurses, but it's more of an open set-up, it's difficult to find a girlfriend in this town and keep her."

Mr Eastgate said many young professionals were in Mount Isa for a short time to start their career before they moved back to larger cities.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:57 AM   #58
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I was online booking my plane ticket. Then I reread it checking for the address.
Quote:
Fly-in, fly-out miner Luke Eastgate, 22, hinted that while there were women around, many were not the type to take home to meet your mother.
Damn.
They've got enough of my type already.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #59
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

They could always use more SG.

The whole issue has caused a bit of an uproar though as Ducks pointed out.

Personally I thought it was the funniest blunder I've ever heard a politician make, but he'll probably survive it. After all, most of his voters are men. lol
Old 09-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #60
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Yeah, it was amusing...and effective.

I read that the amount of women up there had increased dramatically.

Now, back to our regular viewing.....

Horse dude is STILL yanking my chain.....he has the same kinda hold over me that army dude has....and its mainly because I dont know when and if he is gonna pop back into my life. When he does, he has my....well....he thinks undivided attention.

In the meantime....I may post some pics in the NSFW thread