The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-06-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

What wiggs you out??

Soooo, what makes your skin crawl?

Me, its mice!!! Little shitters scare the bejesus outta me....pathetically so!!

Where I live, snakes (bad buggers) are prolific and they dont bother me, but put a mouse in the house and I turn into a squealing jibbering mess

Dead ones freak me out more.

When my ex moved out, (he was in charge of the mouse trapping) after finding a trapped mouse in the cupboard, I had to call him and ask him where he had set the rest of the traps.

Needless to say, the removal of said trapped mouse involved a pair of gloves that a horse proctologist would of been proud of, the shovel, lots of squealing and several drops....before the whole thing went in the bin...shovel n all then I had to have a shower.

I'm such a girl
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
glatt

We've got these crickets in the basements of Arlington, VA. We keep ours in check with traps, but every once in a while, one will get upstairs. For some reason they give me the heebs. They're hard to smoosh too, since they are so damn fast and hop all over. I have about a 60% success rate in swatting them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
Ibby
erika

to me, it's other peoples' food. Half-eaten food that isnt mine, or any kind of dish that i dont like... absolutely repulsive.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Anything with more than 4 legs creeps me out. Insects and spiders! ICK!!!

Except for butterflies and ladybugs. For some reason, I don't get the ick factor if one of them lands on me.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #5
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Spiders - ones that are bigger than the size of a flea
And big bugs. Yes, I scream like a girl when trying to dispose of the nasty creepy crawlies that I have encountered in the warmer climate.

Oh and fire ants, those hills just freak me out.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
mrnoodle
bent

breaking bones and spiders. I'm coming to terms with the spider thing, I'm less freaked out by them than I used to be. Now it's kind of a distrust and suspicion. I sometimes let em live.

The bone thing....if anyone ever wants to know any state secrets, all they have to do is threaten to snap an arm or leg. I can't stand the thought. Can't watch it in movies either, or watch sports injuries. I almost jump out of the couch when someone gets tackled around their legs. Guess I'm going to have to force myself to watch it until the fear is gone. Ugh.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #7
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

I get wiggy about spiders and I think the crickets Glatt is speaking about... are they camel/cave crickets? ...these things are in my garage and I can't go out there if I see them. Their bodies are short and round, like a spider...but they have jumping legs like a grasshopper and they can JUMP!

Gah!
The ultimate jumping spider looking thing.... I can't handle them. I might have been okay had one not jumped on me when I first saw them and didn't know what they were...now I just freak out and scream like a little girl.

I also freak out on left-hand turns that are taken to quickly by the driver when I am a passenger. 1988 car accident involving a LH curve where I was a passenger. Luckily, Hubby knows of this phobia/freak-out pattern and cuts me a lot of slack when I begin making noises and stamping my 'brake foot' on the floor of the passenger side.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #8
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted
I also freak out on left-hand turns that are taken to quickly by the driver when I am a passenger.
I get a bit nervous about that too. I was in a golf cart with some high school kid driving down a gravel road going almost 30 and he forgot that he was driving a tipsy golf car and not a WRX when he decided to pull a left hand power slide rally turn..
the thing tipped over in mid turn and slid about 20 feet with me in the right hand passenger seat and this kid on top of me. Needless to say, I've got a pretty wicked scar on my right elbow/forearm and my right leg and my right shoulder pops all the time
Old 11-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
lhatcher
Go, you might meet someone

I can't stand the sound of dogs licking themselves. I don't mind if they do it while we're watching tv or have music on, but they sleep in the bedroom with us and when they do it when it's all quiet in the middle of the night I could just puke! It's like.. if something wakes me then it wakes them and they have to lick something before they go back to sleep. ICK ICK ICK
Old 11-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
mrnoodle
bent

crap. I forgot the worst one of all. I want to take back my answer.

Teeth grinding. Absolutely the worst thing ever. There's a commercial for a dentist here in town that features the sound of someone grinding their teeth together, and it's all I can do to keep from going off the road when it comes on.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Animals I'm okay with.
My triggers are mouth based.

Mouth noises - of all types.
If I dislike someone I can even recoil in disgust when they sneeze. Not from fear of being covered with sneeze - which would be logical - just from the fact they have made a noise.

Other noises associated with eating such as clicking of cutlery in an inappropriate place. The sound of my colleague scraping and scraping and scraping her yoghurt pot draws my face into a rictus of disgust.

Oh and crinkly packets. We have a snack box in the office, and when I hear someone rummaging around in there, trying to see what bags are left it drives me crazy.

I once had to leave a railway carriage because a man was eating a pasty from the wrapper, crinkling it, biting at it and dropping flakes of pastry on his coat, which he hunted up with his finger and ate with a satisfied "Mmuh, mmuh" sound. Reduced me almost to tears of anger, I honestly wanted to scream at him, but my throat had closed up.

A therapy-tainted housemate once told me this was a sign of repressed abuse. I just believe I'm naturally hard to live with.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Roaches, water bugs whatever the fuck you wanna call 'em I HATE 'em. I scream and have to point it out to someone and then hide. My back and neck crawl for the next few hours, and I desperately search all corners/ceiling when I walk into a room. I was home alone one time when one showed up, I trapped it under a cup and had to call my neighbor to take care of it. The last time I "disposed" of one myself I ended up scrubbing my hands up to my elbows, raw. I can shoot them w/ the spray and catch them under cups/bowls (the dish has to thrown away after) but I cannot pick them up even with a layers of paper towel in between. *shudder*
Old 11-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #13
lhatcher
Go, you might meet someone

I'm with the crinkly paper noises too.. come to think of it, it sounds like dogs licking.

How can just a little noise bother me so MUCH!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

LURKERS
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #15
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Vomit, snot and crap.

Any one of these three has the potential to make me vomit, which usually leads to snot and sometimes, if there's enough force behind it, even crap.

It's a vicious circle I tell ya!