The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Feb 26, 2009: Fire Truck

When I saw this picture of a fire truck on Wunderground, it stuck me as odd because you never see fire trucks this way.

Not just the juxtaposition of cold snow with something associated with fire, but fire trucks have to be ready to go instantly... seconds count.

The caption reads, "Fire truck in Beaver River Station, NY".

The word station immediately brings fire station to mind as it's used interchangeably with fire house, meaning where they keep the fire trucks and gear, but this doesn't look like a fire station.

Turns out "Beaver River Station", sometimes called "Beaver River", is a little hamlet in the Adirondack mountains of Herkimer County, New York. I don't think they have a fire station, but I know they don't have a school, just 125 private properties, 3 commercial businesses.

The lettering on the truck says, "Beaver Flow Fire Company", but Beaver Flow is over in Essex County.

Could it be that Beaver River Station is in "Beaver Flow State Forest"? Nope, that's down in Broome and Chenango Counties.

I figure either the truck was purchased by the "Beaver River Property Owners Association" for there own use, but don't have the garage (station) built for it yet, or it's owned by a collector that lives, or at least has a vacation property, in Beaver River Station.

See why it take me so damn long to put these posts up?
That's the way I roll.