The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 02-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #46
deepandchilled03
Maximum Reflection

No one seems to have an issue with subjecting their children to four hours of violence, however.

Maybe we'd all be in a lot better place if we were more concerned over violence and less worried about a little bit of skin.

Deep n Chilled
Old 02-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #47
juju
no one of consequence

I don't understand the whole kid thing. A great many of them SUCK ON A TIT for the first year of their life. Tits are made for kids. So what's the problem?

Artificial hangups are stupid.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:18 PM   #48
russotto
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by 99 44/100% pure
What irks me is that modern "apologies" never seem to include any acceptance of responsibility by the miscreant. People apologize willy-nilly for the results of their actions, but not for their role in making the actions happen.
Well, if Timberlake really was set up, he shouldn't apologize for his actions, because he did nothing wrong.

Me, I think he's lying like a rug, but that's a different matter.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:27 PM   #49
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Right russ, I'm having trouble with "I'm a star, my career is doing well, I don't want to be involved with this sleeze.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #50
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally posted by 99 44/100% pure

Achtung! When you put it that way, it sound eerily familiar.

What irks me is that modern "apologies" never seem to include any acceptance of responsibility by the miscreant. People apologize willy-nilly for the results of their actions, but not for their role in making the actions happen.
Lack of personal responsibility is the hallmark of our American society these days. *Everyone* is a fucking victim. It makes me want to puke.

This is one of the main reasons I'm Wiccan. I'm not allowed to blame anyone else because I was stupid and fucked up. Helps to make one learn faster.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:08 AM   #51
Enigma
Recruit or Something

Know you have probably heard this one, but, it is from the strange things that happen to doctors and I can't resist.
"The doctor was doing an exam on an elderly lady who was partially deaf. Take BIG BREATHS he said as he put the scope to her chest - she looked up at him and smiled, Yes she said they used to be!"

Wonder if that will ever happen to Janet?