The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #76
Pie
Gone and done

Hope you're feeling better, Choco. I know you had a rough couple of days there.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #77
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Student at a university, entering professional structural firefighting this fall/winter.
I would like to personally offer my thanks for your choosing to run the wrong way.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #78
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Much better, Pie, thanks. I envy those people who are somehow back on their feet two days after surgery! After a week of rest, I am feeling mostly back to normal and will be heading back into the fray on Monday.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #79
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
Much better, Pie, thanks. I envy those people who are somehow back on their feet two days after surgery!
Don't envy us, We are too stupid to stay away for that long.

~~
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #80
jester
why so serious

I work for a Mechanical Contractor (small business & union, so most of our work is for the government). In October our 3 stockholders were bought out and now instead of doing just my job, I'm doing two others as well. Not complaining, though. It's me & one guy in the office. He does the estimating and goes to the job sites - I do everything else.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #81
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Fred Garvin, male prostitute.

But for tax purposes, I claim that I work for the Make A Wish FOundation. :-)
Old 01-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #82
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

The job I've gotten paid to do since 2001 is officially titled: "Research Assistant II - Natural/Health Science" for a Big 10 University in the Hawkeye State.

The University says my BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES are:

Conduct experimental laboratory research work, including testing and evaluating current procedures; and assist in validating the experimental test data obtained.

And my CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are:

Perform research on specified topics, including researching current literature for methods and trends and subsequent evaluation of those methods.
Write research progress reports, including summarizing test results of participating investigators, and assist in the preparation of papers for publication.
Execute designated experiments, including the procurement of space, supplies and related equipment.
Prepare graphs and other illustrations to facilitate the interpretation of research findings.
Maintain knowledge of scientific and health care trends through reading, conferences and seminars.
Translate and interpret data and assist in the planning of data presentations.
Assist in the design and implementation of computer program development, including establishing coding formats for future scientific research data collection.
Assist in validating the data obtained from experimental procedures and recommend additional tests and/or modifications.
Instruct students and others in methods and instrument operation.
Respond to requests for technical information from various public and private agencies.
Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.

But it turns out after reading the BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES of an RAIII:

Participate in the design, execution and control of a laboratory project or research study. Coordinate the processing and analysis of data and conduct experimental tests and procedures. Develop new and/or revised research methodologies

as well as CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of an RAIII:

Perform critical analysis of literature relevant to research undertaken.
Assist in the preparation of research papers and manuscripts for publication and presentation at conferences and workshops, and in the writing of project reports, articles and other documents.
Coordinate experimental tests and plan the processing and analysis of research data obtained
Conduct or participate in staff conferences related to the progress of projects.
Assist in the design and implementation of complex data processing systems to code research data and prepare comprehensive reports on systems studies.
Assist in the establishment of test controls, criteria and research standards.
Design and oversee the construction of necessary equipment.
Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques and analytical methods and make recommendations for their utilization.
Organize data search and analysis procedures.
Participate in the development of general goals for the research project and in the planning of the field work, graduate students and other support staff.
Serve as a consultant to the project director, faculty and staff.
Organize data for the preparation of proposals for new funding.
Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.

that I am doing more things that fall under an RAIII position. Looks I need to ask for a reclassification this year .

Oh yeah, I also run the mouse colony for the labs I work in too.

My unpaid titles fall under Mom, Wife, and tryathlete.

Last edited by LabRat; 01-22-2009 at 04:37 PM.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #83
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

tryathlete? Is that when you try to be an athlete?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #84
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
Fred Garvin, male prostitute.

But for tax purposes, I claim that I work for the Make A Wish FOundation. :-)

What if a sick dying teenager's last wish is to do 2 girls at once? Do you guys hook him up?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #85
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Someone would definately be under the radar, eh?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #86
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
-University student in the last semester of my B.S of English Education.
-Student-teacher at a local high school. I started on the 12th and then promptly ended up out of commission for two weeks due to health complications, so I can't say too much about this just yet.
You've left out the part about being hot. Being hot is a tough job, but someone has to do it!

OMG...this omission is epidemic! Jinx, Clod, Labrat and many others have left this off of their Cellar resume.

Zippy...can you take care of this?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #87
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Do you like hot Chocolatl?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #88
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Well, duh.

She's also real smart besides being smokin' hot, which makes her pretty much irresistable to me.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #89
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
What if a sick dying teenager's last wish is to do 2 girls at once? Do you guys hook him up?
I usually just give them an extra dose of pain killers and then a hand job.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #90
Pie
Gone and done