The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

I don't know what the problem is, here, but...

Ok, I don't know what wolf's problem is with me.

Apparantly she doesn't like my opinions, or she doesn't like me because I'm new, so much so that she feels the need to be a jerk to me everytime I make a post. I have too much BS in my life to have to deal with it online. I come here to relax.

Sometimes you just DON'T like someone. That's fine. Maybe I rub her the wrong way for some unintentional reason. I can live with that. In that case you avoid the person who annoys you; you don't attempt to provoke them at every opportunity.

Anyway, like I said, I don't know what the problem is. I've never done anything to wolf. But if she won't avoid me, I'll avoid her.

I know she's a regular, but that doesn't mean I have to tolerate petty behavior from her. I'm not being a bitch, I'm just tired of it. There's no reason to be that way. I try to get along with everyone, but I don't suppose it's possible in this case, and I'm not going to go back and forth with her.

wolf, if you don't like me or my opinions, then ignore us both. Very simple solution.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: I don't know what the problem is, here, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sidhe
wolf, if you don't like me or my opinions, then ignore us both. Very simple solution.
The point of a discussion board is to DISCUSS. If you don't want your opinions challenged or questioned, don't post 'em.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yeah, that Wolf is such a bitch...fucking conservative gun freak.

So someone might not like you...BFD. Did you consider maybe sending her an e-mail or PM asking her if there was some sort of problem?

Get some tougher skin, fight back, see above or ignore her. This thread makes you sound like a big whiny baby.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 02-08-2004 at 10:12 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's worse than that, syc ... she had her husband IM me, not identify himself as such, and then ask about her.

Entirely too high school.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 02-08-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
Lady Sidhe

You don't discuss, at least not with me. You make petty comments. My husband already told me that he asked you what the problem was, and you specifically told him that you didn't like me.

Therefore, it seems that your "discussions" are rooted not in a true desire for discussion, but in some weird desire to annoy me. If you have something relevant to say within a thread, then I have no problem having a discussion with you, whether we agree or not. But if you're just going to post things like,

"You got permission from the copyright holder to post the whole article, right?"

"My word, that's trivial.
You fact-checked all of that before you posted it, right?"

then why bother? That's not discussion. If you think it's trivial, then don't read it. If you think I'm lying or making it up, look it up before you make groundless and smart-ass comments. It's not rocket science.

I like to discuss, and I've been nice to you. But apparantly nothing I say is going to change your opinion of me. That's fine. I won't even bother trying anymore. No law says you have to like me. No law says I have to respond to your petty comments, either.

If you'd like to justify my attitude about this, to yourself, by saying that I can't deal with people having differing opinions, by all means, do so-- if that makes you feel better or if it's what you'd like to believe. You apparantly feel that I have to justify myself to you, and on that count, you're quite mistaken. The petty comments have, quite frankly, become tedious.

So post them if you feel you must. Everyone's gotta have a hobby. I'll save them up and start a "petty barbs" thread just for you, and see how many we can get per week.

If ya can't join em....laugh at em.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Old 02-08-2004, 10:39 PM   #6
Lady Sidhe

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
It's worse than that, syc ... she had her husband IM me, not identify himself as such, and then ask about her.

Entirely too high school.

I didn't have my husband IM you. I didn't even know he was talking to you until he told me what you said. Whether you believe that or not is your own affair. No point in getting him to say the same because you'll just say he's backing his wife. It's a no-win situation.

I have a thick skin. I'm not offended, I'm just over it. I come here to relax and have stimulating conversation. What's the point of being bitchy for no reason? I don't get it.

And the whole point of the thread was not really to start a discussion, as such. After my husband told me what was said, I figured there was no reason to try to be friendly or discuss things with her anymore. It was just to make my intent known and why I made the decision.

Sidhe

-Rita Rudner

Last edited by Lady Sidhe; 02-08-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:41 PM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Point of technical fact, I did not tell your husband I didn't like you. I told him I thought you were an idiot. There's a difference.

As far as the comment on the Triva thread ... first, YOU started with the trivia, and second, everybody in the fucking world continually sends out that shit in email, and most of it is not true. The Cellar is high quality here, at least do us, as readers, the courtesy of visiting snopes first.

Posting entire articles to the forum has a couple of problems, even beyond the obvious one of violating copyright. That's UT's bandwith you're filling.

If I wanted to just read news, I'd go to one of several news sites. The Cellar is about commentary on the news ... say what you think about this that or the other with a link to that content.

Oh, and you're the one who established that your vanity forum would be for groundless and smart-ass comments.

Don't make the rules and then cry about them.

Old 02-08-2004, 10:43 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oooh, oooh....mud wrestling. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:44 PM   #9
Lady Sidhe

I visit snopes regularly, and I didn't say my forum would be for smart ass and groundless comments. I said it would be to bitch if you wanted to. Start a bitch thread. I also said that I expected at least tolerance on the forum...

And I will concede the point about the articles and the length. It didn't occur to me about the bandwith. Sorry, Undertoad. I'll avoid doing that in the future.

And wolf, you don't know me. Therefore you cannot say with any authority that I am, indeed, an idiot. My IQ is rather high, so I don't fall into the "idiot" category. You're in psych. You should know all about the categories.

Speaking of which, it seems that all this started when you found we were in the same field. That's interesting.

Sidhe

-Rita Rudner

Last edited by Lady Sidhe; 02-08-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:48 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Damn Sidhe, that sounds like a challenge.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:49 PM   #11
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm gonna go grab my popcorn...this looks to be a fun match.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:56 PM   #12
Lady Sidhe

Nope, not a challenge. Like I said, I intend to ignore her from now on. I can't make her like me, I don't care if she likes me, and it's not worth my time. I can have interesting conversations with plenty of other people. I try to get along with everyone, and I can even be nice to people I don't like...there's no reason, IMO, to be hateful to anyone...but I'm not going to waste my time going back and forth with someone who's determined not to be nice no matter what. She wants a fight for some reason, but I'm not going to give it to her. I have better things to do.

(like right now, I'm watching the paint on my toenails dry )

As of now, the bickering is done, at least on my side of it. Keeping it up just makes us BOTH look silly. *shrugs*

Sidhe

Oh, a PS from the husband:

"My DSM-IV is bigger than your DSM-IV..."

-Rita Rudner

Last edited by Lady Sidhe; 02-08-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

"Idiot" is not defined solely by IQ.

Few people are worth the energy "hating" requires. I simply don't give a shit.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:58 PM   #14
juju
no one of consequence

Sidhe, I think you are completely wrong. What Wolf posted IS intelligent commentary. Just because it offends you doesn't make it not so.

Last edited by juju; 02-09-2004 at 12:07 AM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:36 AM   #15
ThreadHijackMan
Changing the flow

Ta-daaa

Here I am!

Lady Sidhe, allow me give you some unsolicited advice that may keep you here a while.

**Feel free to use the ignore feature**

For those people that really irritate you, there's nothing like it.*

* This is not to be read as an insult to Wolf or any other member - please do not be offended at my attempt to be humorous and leave the forum.