The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-06-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
Pi
desperate finder

Bad Day

I really had a bad day today, so I had to eat a lot of chocolate. I wonder what you do when everything seems going wrong!
Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Detonate
Old 02-06-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
novice
Ignorance is bliss and I'm orgasmic

I throw the dog in the trusty datsun and take him to the local beach. I figure one of us may as well be happy.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I had a bad day myself...I vented with my boss for about an hour and felt much better. Then I apparently got the toenail of my little toe caught on my sock...ripped the whole toenail out. Goddamn that hurt...still does.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:16 PM   #5
Nothing But Net
Professor

Not a bad day, but not par. More like a bogie.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:56 PM   #6
farfromhome
Management Consultant

My suggestion to you when you're having a bad day is to go ahead and hit the bottle.It hasn't solved anything for me yet in my life,but Wolf won't let me smoke a doobie.Drinking is terrible for your body...but,hey I need to self-medicate somehow.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:24 AM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You have no IDEA from "bad day" ...

People who work normal jobs don't totally get what it means to have 3 interview rooms and four patients who need them, with several others wandering around the community or languishing in police stations waiting .... not to mention the five loose in the lobby. AND every time we thought we were "on top of things" a police department came in with another damn drunk ... who was too drunk to be seen and had to be taken to the ER by OUR ambulance, which then wasn't able to get the guy at the police station elsewhere ... add to that, nearly everyone I had to deal with had an IQ around room temperature, including one little old lady who I had to tell her daughter was in the hospital "She's WHERE?" "the mental hospital." "What? Was she in an accident?" "No, Ma'am. no accident. She was going to kill herself in the Valley Forge National Park." "She wasn't at Valley Forge Park. She was at work." "No Ma'am. She left work and went to the park to kill herself, but the rangers found her before she did anything, and she's fine." "She's where?" "The psychiatric hospital." "WHAT?? Was she in an accident?"

There comes a point where you just have to give the phone number and tell people to check on their family members in the morning.

I went into work an hour early, and ended up staying three hours late.

Oh, I even had the joy of someone pissing in an exam room. And there was the guy that was running around naked outside of another hospital ... that was entertaining in it's way, but dammit, I ended up with him too.

Banner evening.

I arrived home at about 0345hrs.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:25 AM   #8
storm
I wasted time, and now doth time waste me

Next time that you think you're having a bad day...

1. The average cost of rehabilitating one seal after the XX Valdez oil spill in Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively-saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later a killer whale ate them both.

2. A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded.

3. In 1992, Frank Perkins of Los Angeles made an attempt on the world flagpole-sitting record. Suffering from the flu, he came down eight hours short of the 400-day record; his sponsor had gone bust, his girlfriend had left him and his phone and electricity had been cut off.

4. A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current she whacked him with a handy plank of wood by the back door, breaking his arm in two places. Until that moment he had been happily listening to his walkman.

5. Two animal rights protesters were protesting the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.

6. Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb; he opened it and was blown to bits.

Quote:
today is a gift, thats why its called the present
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #9
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Knowing where Pi is, and what that all entails, I wonder if any of us could have *possibly* have had a worse day?

Also, no one asked him what, exactly, had comprised his bad day. I mean, what if his Humvee came under RPG attack or something?

Pi? What happened, man?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:08 AM   #10
Elspode

Whoops...

I just noticed that the pic of Pi holding the AK 47 wasn't current, and that it was noted that he is in Belgium, and therefore probably was not in imminent threat of his life.

So...did you get a bad waffle or something, Pi?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #11
Pi
desperate finder

First : Wolf you're my personal hero today!
Second : I'm confortably installed in Brussels right now (pic was taken 2 weeks ago during a desert training session).
Third : After all my day wasn't that bad. They didn't let me enter in the club (it was Pretty People Party, so I didn't see all these beauties and it was a punch to my self-esteem) because I didn't smile to the big, strong, tall idiot at the door. (My friends were already inside, so I was alone in the street).
My computer crashed 8 times in a day and I lost twice the work of an hour. My mobile phone doesn't work anymore and they served fish for lunch. Plus some personal problems I don't really want to explain...

But I'm touched by your concern. Thanks folks
Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:02 AM   #12
Elspode

Go back to the club, and ask the guy at the door to fix your computer. Offer him fish.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:26 AM   #13
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

great post, storm.....funny stuff.

all i had to contend with yesterday was a flooded basement, but I self medicated, broke out the shop vac with pump and with jinx's help, managed to keep my tools from floating away.

could have been worse.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #14
Rokko
Fresh Incumbent

I chainsmoke and drink lots of coffee.
Rokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:09 PM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i thought you were like 15 or something?!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote