The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #76
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
I really didnt expect you to acknowledge that the the analysis of legislation by WashingtonWatch.com is as partisan and biased as any you will find.
You may not like the messenger but the message is quite accurate.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #77
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
You may not like the messenger but the message is quite accurate.
The message on WashingtonWatch.com is accurate. WTF?

When they say on their own site:
WashingtonWatch.com does not report the many benefits that may be provided by government regulation and spending, made possible by taxation. Proposals that “cost” the average American may benefit you, your community, your loved ones, or your employer.

WashingtonWatch.com does not report the budgetary consequences of legislation. A proposal that “saves” money may drive the national debt higher because it reduces taxes without reducing spending. One that “costs” may reduce the national debt because it includes more taxes than spending.
Hell....at least they acknowledge (if you know where to look for it) that their analysis is incomplete and biased...I will give them that.

Lets be honest here.

As much as you like to criticize me as an “agent” for the Democrats or just a typical partisan leftist, I am not the one who, day after day, floods the Cellar with biased partisan op eds and/or links, many (most) of which are misleading, incomplete (ignoring context) or completely dishonest....probably more than all other posters here combined.

Quite accurate? That would be when you acknowledge that many of your “snips” are as biased and partisan (and more often than not, less accurate) than anything I (or others) post.

Last edited by Redux; 08-02-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #78
Ibby
erika

Thanks, Redux. Not that it'll change anything, but im glad someone said it.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:30 AM   #79
TheMercenary

Quote:
As much as you like to criticize me as an “agent” for the Democrats or just a typical partisan leftist, I am not the one who, day after day, floods the Cellar with biased partisan op eds and/or links, many (most) of which are misleading, incomplete (ignoring context) or completely dishonest....probably more than all other posters here combined.
Partisan opinion from a partisan poster, just doesn't carry much weight or credibility.

Quote:
Quite accurate? That would be when you acknowledge that many of your “snips” are as biased and partisan (and more often than not, less accurate) than anything I (or others) post.
Lets be honest here, as I said, you may not like the messenger but the message is quite accurate in most cases.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #80
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post

Thanks, Redux. Not that it'll change anything, but im glad someone said it.
Nope. It certainly wont change anything.

There are political boards where members engage in honest and often lively discussions that makes for good infotainment. You can have fun and learn something new at the same time.

And there are political boards that will never be conducive to such discussions, where one member is so intent in pushing a personal agenda, with daily cuts/pastes and a “gotcha” mentality, that the likelihood of open and honest discussion among members, without that one particular member's disruption, is an exercise in futility.

In my short time here, I can recall at least 3-4 members who have fled the political forum as a result of one member's repetitive and disruptive actions ("I am right...my links are factual ...so fuck you liberal apologists!")

Oh well..that’s life in a political forum.

Last edited by Redux; 08-03-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #81
TheMercenary

Quote:
There are political boards where members engage in honest and often lively discussions that makes for good infotainment. You can have fun and learn something new at the same time.
You mean that as long as they agree with your POV...

As you said, "Oh well..that’s life in a political forum."
Old 08-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #82
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

That's the POV calling the kettle black...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #83
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
That's the POV calling the kettle black...
Yep, he's no different IMHO, just supports everything the Obama Administration says, does, and every thing they do is going to be better for you and SAVE YOUR LIFE!.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #84
Redux

Quote:
You mean that as long as they agree with your POV...

As you said, "Oh well..that’s life in a political forum."
You're on a roll!

How many more people can you drive away from the political forum or have put you on ignore? At least 4 and counting who have said as much publicly?

If no one is left to listen, what would be the point of your daily rants?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #85
TheMercenary

Matters not. Most likely the same 4 I have on ignore. No big deal. It is the beauty of this place. I doubt anyone is "driven away" by me. But that would be free choice as well.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #86
Redux

Quote:
Matters not. Most likely the same 4 I have on ignore. No big deal. It is the beauty of this place. I doubt anyone is "driven away" by me. But that would be free choice as well.
My point exactly.

You dont give a shit.

Its more important for you to get our you "message" *(day after day, partisan op ed after partisan op ed...more than all other contributors combined, in my time here) than to contribute to the community in a manner than stimulates discussion.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #87
TheMercenary

Quote:
My point exactly.

You dont give a shit.
About anything you have to say or your opinion. Correct. Not so much with others.

Quote:
Its more important for you to get our you "message" endlessly than to contribute to the community in a manner than stimulates discussion.
Like you said, if I am the only one who comes here who cares. I have confined most of my posts to a few threads. That is within the bounds of civility on a public forum.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #88
Redux

Quote:
About anything you have to say or your opinion. Correct. Not so much with others.

Like you said, if I am the only one who comes here who cares. I have confined most of my posts to a few threads. That is within the bounds of civility on a public forum.
Posting an endless number of partisan op eds, with occasional one line personal snarky comments, does not make for civil discourse by most reasonble standards.

Hey..if thats what you want and it makes you feel better about your position...carry on.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #89
TheMercenary

Quote:
Posting an endless number of partisan op eds, with occasional one line personal snarky comments, does not make for civil discourse by most reasonble standards.

Hey..if thats what you want and it makes you feel better about your position...carry on.
Yea, I know, you want me to post partisan op eds that support your savior. I know. I just can't bring myself to drink your Koolaid or swallow your guys propaganda. Sorry. I just can't do it. I will be here to point out the duplicity of the Demoncrats and how they are no different than what the Republickins did for 8 years, you know, all that stuff your guys whined about. Obama is not doing a bad job for a figurehead of the Dems, Congress on the otherhand....
Old 08-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #90
Redux

Quote:
Yea, I know, you want me to post partisan op eds that support your savior...
In fact, I would prefer no partisan op eds be posted (at least not 3-5 times EVERY DAY) and for members to think for themselves.

I think it is fair to say that is how I, and most others I have encountered here, particpate.

The "savior" (the "messiah", the "one") mantra is just another example of parroting the right wing group speak and not being able to think for yourself.