The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #76
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

THAT, was sarcasm.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:33 PM   #77
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I wonder why the life of a black person taken by a black person has less value than the life of a black person taken by a white person.

I wonder why black people do not riot when Boko Harem kidnaps 100 or so black children.

Why are the black people not rioting about all the black people dying all over the world?

Why aren't these people who are rioting not running for public office in order to change the community they live in?

Why are they not making an effort to stay felony-free so that they can run for public office and effect change?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #78
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Toad,

“My point stands.”

As I say (and will probably say again and again): as you like.

#

Grav,

“Why?”

Mostly, I think, cuz there’s no profit to be had for folks in the American Race Industry.

#

Fargon,

“the riots are over”

For the moment.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #79
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Profit?!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #80
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Grav,

Moola...lettuce...money.

Whole whack of folks in America who make a decent or better living 'representing' race issues.

Really, what these folks do is promote division and dependence thereby securing their (growing) bank accounts.

Shit goin' down outside the U.S. won't earn 'em a buck; shit continuing within the U.S. does.

You just gotta follow the scrip.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #81
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I'm waiting to see what the black dwellars have to say in this thread.

sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:05 PM   #82
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
...Why aren't these people who are rioting not running for public office
in order to change the community they live in?
I believe politics have played a significant role…where [D] = Democrat, [R] = GOP

[D] LBJ signed the Civil Rights AND Aid to Dependent Children laws
Consequence: Job training, health clinics, $ added to family budgets
Consequence: US debt increased

[R] GOP adopted “Southern Strategy”
Consequence: Gerrymandering
Consequence: myths of voter fraud/ID to reduce Black voting
Consequence: White flight from cities and urban schools

[R] Congress prohibits federal $-support if an adult male lives in the house.
Consequence: adult males pushed out of the household.
Consequence: Black fathers were removed from their family
Consequence: Black children lose adult-relationships with their fathers

[R] Congress reduced federal $-support for “child care” and “job training”
Consequence: Single women were frozen in place as “Head of Household”
Consequence: Unemployed single mothers/children live in poverty

[D] Clinton established new Drug and Mandatory Sentencing laws
Consequence: Police concentrate on arresting black males on felony charges
Consequence: 1 in 3 Black men go to prison sometime in their lifetime

Consequence: Police militarize, move to police cars, stop “community policing”,
Consequence: Police change strategy from “Protect and Serve” to “we-vs-them”
Consequence: Police establish police unions and “Police Bill of Rights”
Consequence: Police essentially immune from prosecution

[R] GOP governors reduced business taxes by shifting $ from social programs
[R] GOP governors reduced property taxes by shifting $ from education
Consequence: White flight from cities and public schools
Consequence: Increased class size in public schools
Consequence: Public schools fail in mission to educate

[R] GOP established “No Child Left Behind”
Consequence: Teachers “teach for test”, not for education
Consequence: White flight from public schools to private and charter schools

---
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 PM   #83
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
If beating kids was gonna solve the violence problem in the black community, there would be no violence problem in the black community. AA kids are getting the belt every fucking day and they take their whuppin from Mom/Dad/Uncle/Aunty/Grandwhatever and then they take it out on their neighborhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Oh, is that right? Is that what happens in your neighborhood? Every kid gets beat up by family every day? Bullshit. Your over the top scenarios don't fly, except with the most rabid pacifists. You should write commercials for the Humane Society. When whites riot they do the same thing, does that mean they all get beat up every day.
I wasn't talking about children here anyway, I was talking about these punks who think they are dressing like ninjas when they're dressing like Hollywood clowns. What would you do? Say, "Son I'm disappointed in your anti-social outburst, we'll discuss this at length when you return home from the riot."
If so, you fail.
Nobody said every kid every day. The belt is a common tool, I've seen the fucking welts on 5 year olds. Sorry, I'm not buying the Moms need to start beating their kids now narrative. If Mom was a competent parent that kid would've been at the kitchen table doing his math. The beating he gets on tv may shame him for right now but I'm not buying the narrative that black kids are not being hit enough.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #84
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Of course the answer is, and always has been, better parenting. I'll wager there's as many parents feeding their kids crap food, or ignoring them completely, as there are beating their kids constantly. Corporal punishment is a valuable tool for a parent, but those against it immediately go to Digr's child medieval torture chamber scenarios, and glatt's "horror" at mom catching her kid rioting and slapping him around.

Yes, life in the ghetto is violent, and kids grow up tough in self defense. But that's not because Mom slapped them around. The streets are ruled by thugs, armed thugs because people in the ghetto don't have a choice other than get out, and that takes money. They know it's safer to duck and cover than call the cops.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #85
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Digr's child medieval torture chamber scenarios

Old 05-01-2015, 09:15 AM   #86
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Spexx,

Looked 'em up.

You believe the Boston Tea Party is synonymous with what happened in Baltimore?

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/related/sons.htm

Doesn't seem the same at all to me.
Destruction of property for political gain. Terrorism, really.

Quote:
I wonder why the life of a black person taken by a black person has less value than the life of a black person taken by a white person.
Not just any white person. A white person in a position of authority. One who has, in the past, been allowed to kill African Americans with no consequences, when an African American would be lynched for merely speaking to a white woman. Wonder no more.

Quote:
I wonder why black people do not riot when Boko Harem kidnaps 100 or so black children.
What? Why?
Quote:
Why are the black people not rioting about all the black people dying all over the world?
Same reason white people aren't rioting about all the white people dying in the world.
Quote:
Why aren't these people who are rioting not running for public office in order to change the community they live in?
Do you know they're not? Whites outnumber blacks 4 to 1, nationally. If they decide that a black candidate won't get elected, s/he won't. It happens.

Quote:
Why are they not making an effort to stay felony-free so that they can run for public office and effect change?
It sounds like you're saying that all black people are felons. Black folks above poverty levels aren't going to commit a felony any more than a white person above poverty levels. The problem is that "the man" is keeping him down. People who have nothing to lose will act desperately until they have something to lose.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #87
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Not just any white person. A white person in a position of authority. One who has, in the past, been allowed to kill African Americans with no consequences, when an African American would be lynched for merely speaking to a white woman. Wonder no more.
I think the person who, in the past, was allowed to kill African Americans with no consequence...just for talkin' to a white woman... would have to be MUCH older than the police officers in question in this timely debate. Just sayin'

Hey, where are da white wimman at?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #88
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Lot of glossing over, there, Spexx.

People are glossing over, be-bopping and scatting all over the place.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #89
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No glossing, a lot of people are pissed off over six cops illegally arresting and killing a black man, AGAIN. They know full well the cops will get away with it AGAIN, unless they can get the attention of the press/politicians/Justice-Dept. Protests are the ONLY way they can do that successfully.

So less than 100 punks rioted for fun & profit out of a city black population of 404,000. But that's all you can see because that's all you want to see, you've made up your mind them niggers is no good.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #90
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
"...It was terrifying - and was exhilirating..."

Great expression ! Next time you need to invite all of us too.
Ha! I leave such hi-jinks to the childer.

The idea of being in that situation now scares me. I am left somewhat shaking my head in bemusement at my younger self . I remember me and J running along the outer edge of the poll tax demo, trying to get to the front where the demo met the police. Saw several people coming the other way, back from what had turned into a frontline battle, with headwounds - some lay on the grass verge being tended to by first aiders.

We kept running along the sides, pushing past to get to the action. What the fuck was going on in my head?

It's all very different when you're 18 and immortal.

Last edited by DanaC; 05-01-2015 at 04:07 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote