The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-29-2006, 01:09 AM   #16
seakdivers
Icy Queen

good lord.

I am so glad that I am on my countdown to my vacation. Kagen - I'm headin' to your side of the planet on Thursday.
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:28 AM   #17
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

I see 40 active posters and 2 pages of threads here on Home Base. Any amount of new posting at all would be considered "carpetbombing".
SteveBsjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #18
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Um, if you change your settings to show all post from forever, there's a whole lot more than just 2 pages of threads there. Like I said yesterday, CHECK OUT THE PLACE before bustin' on it.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #19
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Why? It's much more fun this way. People are so helpful here. And, I didn't even start a new thread to discuss it, just entered this one where me and my fellow AG'ers were being humorously slighted.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #20
ashke
Don't look at me!

As far as I'm concerned, these AGers are trolls and annoying to no end.
ashke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #21
Maui Nick
... is not really in Maui. Weird, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
to get ag back online.

Give till it hurts.
Nice work, Beestie! It appears to be fully operational once again.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #22
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

It isn't Nick. Audiogalaxy is still there but the message boards aren't working. It's been on a downhill spiral for a long time.

And, ashke, how do you define troll. I've been nothing but friendly since I got here. No spamming, no insults. Maybe a little sarcasm with those that seem they can take it, but that's it.

How do you define troll on this board.

Why do you want us gone?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #23
marichiko

You folks do seem to spread love where-ever you go.

Dev seems to be OK, though. At least he's only made 33 posts in 24 hours.

Last edited by marichiko; 03-29-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #24
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Posts per day

People are gonna be protective of their community. It's all good in the end, I'm sure
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #25
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

'Course it is.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #26
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Cool stats UT. Ignoring the last 24hrs, what's the average per day of the week? I would assume the peak is on Fridays, when most of us who check in from work are really sick of the J.O.B.S.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #27
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
Why? It's much more fun this way.
I'm open to new guests, but previous members, namely dov, were quick to do the same type of games. I invite new content, new minds, new ideas...but please don't play games. I don't run the place and I don't speak for everyone here, but I don't think doing anything in that manner does much to further any interests here. Why not contribute rather than provoke for enjoyment?

I won't paint you all with the same brush, either, or elect to fault you just because you were a member of another board at one time -- Dev, also from AG, has answered a lot of questions I've always been curious about and done so in a constructive way. I'd like to see people like him stick around and offer more input.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #28
FallenFairy
nope

Well said Kitsune!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #29
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The forum software doesn't graph traffic that way, but the overall traffic software says Monday is the big day around here.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #30
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
Why? It's much more fun this way. People are so helpful here. And, I didn't even start a new thread to discuss it, just entered this one where me and my fellow AG'ers were being humorously slighted.
I am awe struck by your self discipline, Steve. Are you sure you wouldn't like to start 16 new threads of one word each to rephrase your reply?

If its "more fun" to post in AG style, why don't you go find an AG style board where the members will hardly even notice your presense in the onslaught of trivia? You and Flint seem to want to turn the Cellar into "AGII - just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water."

If the people who post here were interested in that style of board, well, we wouldn't be posting on the Cellar, now would we?

There's a whole big Internet out there, and if you don't like it that we take exception to people starting 20 threads a day about nothing, you can find other boards where you fit right in.

Yes, you are going to met with hostility when you come onto a board that has been in existance probably since before you were born and has many long standing members who collectively have created the "culture" of the Cellar. You remind me of the "ugly American" who finds himself in some distant foreign land and demands that the natives speak 'merican.

When I was a newcomer here, I proceeded to get into a huge battle with pretty much the entire board. I learned to settle down and not take myself quite so seriously. Some folks here still wish I'd go away, but most people tolerate me, at least.

If you don't like the fare that the Cellar provides, don't partake of it. By the same token, please don't ask us to swallow your BS just because "its more fun that way."