The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #106
SPUCK
Professor

And here we go again... Daddy has been arrested for attacking his girl friend.. sigh
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #107
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Families that play together stay... that way
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #108
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

From CNN ...
Quote:
Actress Lindsay Lohan was released from the Lynwood Correctional Facility early Monday morning after less than two weeks behind bars, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.
Let the next phase begin. I'm sure wolf has made all the preparations for her imminent arrival.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #109
dmg1969
I got nothing

What a crock. They should have kept her in for her entire sentence. The special treatment celebrities get makes me sick. She was in just long enough to give the appearance of NOT getting special treatment.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #110
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

It's completely normal, actually, for such sentences to be cut short.

But complain more, guys, there is so much to be outraged about here.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #111
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You have to ask what serves the community better?
Giving a cell to someone with a DUI from 3 years ago, or allowing someone else within the prison community to spend time in solitary confinement?

I'm not a fan of custodial sentences for minor offences (my "lock her up comment" was tongue in cheek, knowing she had already been sentenced at that point). I think community work serves far better, is cheaper and more useful, and rarely gets cut down to this extent. What would I rather pay for, someone to pick up litter on the streets and have a curfew in their own home for three months, or someone to be housed, fed and clothed by the state for 13 days?

I'm not anti-Lohan.
I'm not unsympathetic to addicts.
I believe in treatment rather than punishment.
I just can't bring myself to care about someone who acts dangerously and then doesn't fulfil reasonable stipulations imposed.

Meh, maybe it's my hatred of people who turn up late or cancel at the last minute.
My reactionary heart believes it should probably be legal to gun them down in the street like the dogs that they are.

Last edited by Sundae; 08-03-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Accuracy - the DUI was 3 not 2 years ago
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #112
Shawnee123

See, this is the rub. Many who would profess "why the fuck do I care about some damn 'celebrity'" if say, we were talking about Celebrity A marrying Celebrity B, and would poo-poo the interest in such fluff. However, if for some reason it seems like Celebrity A is getting something over that "normal" citizens do not, all of a sudden it matters a great deal what those previously "who cares about" celebrities do, or don't do.

This has been mostly my crusade in the matter: the hypocrites I speak of could also very well be run down or gunned down like the dogs they are (only I think most dogs are OK, and deserve better treatment.) Really, the tilting at windmills and whine has become tiresome.

Regardless, as I said, this is pretty much the way it works, regardless of who Ms Lohan is or isn't, or whether we like her or not, whether she turns her life around or not. Joe Blow the fuck kid who smashed up a road sign would go through the same process. But we don't hear much about Joe Blow the fuck kid. Joe Blow the fuck kid gets a bit more privacy.

Damn, can you imagine the uproar if there had been interwebz when Marcia Marcia Marcia Brady was a giant cokehead?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #113
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I see where you're coming from.
And I get what you mean.
I guess how I feel is that Joe Blow didn't make his money from the media.
So Joe Blow gets privacy.
I fucked up my life in private, so I'll not get a magazine deal out of it.

Having no addiction is FAR better than having no money.
But neither the star nor Joe Blow gets that choice.
She doesn't get to pay to magically (as in Harry Potter) remove her addiction - all the money in the world doesn't make that happen.
But neither does Joe Blow get the money to cope with his.

I don't suscribe to the "I paid your wages!" view.
Having worked in the public sector and as a barmaid it's one that rankles. And I don't believe those that court publicity should have every secret of their lives divulged. Like I said before - if she was drinking herself to death behind closed doors I'd villify any publication that tried to intrude. But once you're already in the judicial system things are pretty much common knowledge. And if millions of people have paid to follow you previously, you can bet more millions will want to watch you fall.

Meh, I don't know where I'm going with this.
Don't hate me because I have a drinking problem, hate me because I'm not a millionaire.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #114
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Actor Barry Williams wrote in his book that he was stoned during the filming of this scene:

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #115
Shawnee123

Damn Joe Blow anyway!

Also, just an aside, think about people coking their heads off at Studio 54 back in the day. Certainly there wasn't the market for the kind of sneaky amateur publicity like there is now, but also...could it have been that we just didn't give as much of a fuck? Have our lives become so freaking "safe" and boring that outrage at Lohan or Lohan-likes gives us something to be passionate about? Of course, I find that a bit sad. I also think that if there were not so many who got their panties in a bunch (as some like to say) about such stupid "how does that affect me again?" crap, then there wouldn't be a market and she wouldn't be plastered all over the supposed "news." National Enquirer, maybe, but when did the whole world start giving such a shit?

eta: UT: I mentioned Maureen McCormick after picking up HER book at Odd Lots (for 3 bucks!) It was about what I expected but I did think at the time where was any scandal surrounding her shenanigans? It just wasn't what it is today. Barry looks stoned, did you see how he was tripping around the bicycle pump?

Groovy, Greg!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #116
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You should try reading the daily right-wing tabloids here...
They can froth at the mouth about any subject from Princess Diana, to immigration, to benefits (usually followed by the word "scroungers!") to political correctness to health & safety to... well... just about anything.

It's a new Victorianism.
Which was hypocritical the first time round.
Like no journalist has ever got drunk, snorted coke, had an affair or cheated on their expenses? Ha.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #117
Shawnee123

Yeah, like no one expects them to be a "role model."