The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #16
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I was wondering about that ... should be a very simple matter, even in Cambodia, to collect samples for DNA testing. I could see several American Talk Show Hosts falling over themselves to get these folks on their show for one of their "Who's Your Daddy" specials.

(All right, I admit it. On the rare occasions that I watch Morey or Montel, I get a kick out of seeing some obviously slutty woman who is certain that so and so is her baby daddy being informed that she is wrong. Particularly if she's already dragged two or three other possible daddies onto the show. This is great TV, much more exciting than Masterpiece Theatre.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Looking at the photos, I don't think she looks like any of the other folks in the pictures, eye and face shape is entirely different, and when it comes down to it, she looks too well-nourished to have spent 20 years or whatever in the jungle alone. Unless of course, Kala, her Ape Mother was suckling her the whole time.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But why test? Does somebody else want to take care of her?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #19
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
But why test? Does somebody else want to take care of her?
She appears to be being held against her will. Surely, if she is not their daughter they have to let her go/be thrown in jail?

Does putting her on display for the gawkers 24/7 constitute care? The family want "funds" to take her for medical treatment -what treatment does she need? It seems a little weird to me that they allow people to watch her sleep, but maybe it's just a different culture thing.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No TV.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #21
monster

I'm obviously slow tonight, I don't follow....
Old 01-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #22
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

He's responding to your comment that, "It seems a little weird to me that they allow people to watch her sleep"--if you have no TV, watching people sleep might become more interesting.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #23
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Sorta like watching the paint dry , or the propane trucks filling up ( Hey one might 'Splode !!!)
Old 01-24-2007, 04:20 AM   #24
SPUCK
Professor

Or grass grow.. Or puddles evaporate.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:31 AM   #25
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
(All right, I admit it. On the rare occasions that I watch Morey or Montel, I get a kick out of seeing some obviously slutty woman who is certain that so and so is her baby daddy being informed that she is wrong. Particularly if she's already dragged two or three other possible daddies onto the show. This is great TV, much more exciting than Masterpiece Theatre.)
Tends to be the other way round in the UK, and I love it too:

Watch some sullen young girl being dragged on by her (now) ex who is saying he heard down the pub she'd slept with 15 men at the same time as him anyway so there's no way the kid is his and that's why he hasn't bothered going round to see it in the 9 months since it's been born blahblahblah. And of course it ends up being his and she is stirred into some sluggish flicker of life by being vindicated on national television. Cut to another sullen faced young woman in the audience who is his new girlfriend and already pregnant...
Old 01-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #26
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
He's responding to your comment that, "It seems a little weird to me that they allow people to watch her sleep"--if you have no TV, watching people sleep might become more interesting.
Cambodian Big Brother -gotcha. I wouldn't let people gawp at my family like that, but then I wouldn't go on a Jerry Springer-type show either. Horses for courses I guess.