The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #16
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i bought my g/f a razr for xmas and she loves it.....
Old 01-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #17
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

I HAVE ONE!!

i love it, its been fantastic the only thing that annoys me is the access to names. Instead of just pressing the down button to access your phone book, you have to go through the menu, into address book and then to contacts.. which makes phoning in the car more difficult (and more illegal)

But i would defo reccomend it, the photos and video are great quality and easily downloaded via the data cable.
AND yes.. you feel supa hot when playing with it (not that you need assistance with tha!)

any other quesions jag?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #18
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Got one for my wife and self over Christmas - our old 2-year agreement had just expired.

I like it. But, I just realized last week that there is no way to get the pics out of it other than to email them out one at a time. I dug around and learned that Verizon has crippled the Bluetooth capability to make that so.

I am researching a mod to get around it.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:10 AM   #19
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Have you tried the data cable? mine just dowload from that?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:12 AM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Sparkz
i love it, its been fantastic the only thing that annoys me is the access to names. Instead of just pressing the down button to access your phone book, you have to go through the menu, into address book and then to contacts.. which makes phoning in the car more difficult (and more illegal)
What, no voice dialing?

I very nearly got one of these things, they were on special, but the salesguy at the cellphone store actually talked me out of it. I was up front in wanting additional gee whiz cool gadgets and all, and had ended a contract period and was willing to re-up for the cheap deal on the RAZR or one of the newer Nokias, but his advice was, "If your phone's not broken, don't replace it."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:53 AM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's weird! I wonder why he said that? It's a pain in the ass to replace all your contact information, but I upgraded just so's I could get a 1 megapixel camera and bluetooth. "New every two" is a great plan for gadgetheads and it's why I stick with Verizon.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #22
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
What, no voice dialing?
It has voice dialing -- and no 'training' is required.
barefoot serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #23
jaguar
whig

interface is a piece of shit on the V3. Waiting for the P990.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #24
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
That's weird! I wonder why he said that? It's a pain in the ass to replace all your contact information, but I upgraded just so's I could get a 1 megapixel camera and bluetooth. "New every two" is a great plan for gadgetheads and it's why I stick with Verizon.
Come back when it's broke is why I have warm fuzzy feellings for Cingular.

That and the more bars thing. It's true.

When I was camping last summer, I was the ONLY person who had signal at the campsite. Everybody else had to walk about a mile to get even a weak signal.

Friend of mine that recently did a phone upgrade said his provider had a device that they stuck his phone in, stuck the new phone in, and it sucked the contact information from one to the other.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #25
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
When I was camping last summer, I was the ONLY person who had signal at the campsite.
I bet your campmates just loved you.

"It's it just beautiful out here? The trees, the moon, the glow of the campfire, th--" Breep! Breeeep! Breeep! "...the incoming phone calls and text messages..."

Oh, wait, that is several years out of date. Let me correct that.

"It's it just beautiful out here? The trees, the moon, the glow of the campfire, th--" Doop-doop-dee-dooptydoopty-doop-doop-doop-doo-doobydooby! "...the incoming phone calls and text messages..."

God, I hate ringtones.

I say this in jest -- I'm very pleased that my phone works while in the national forest. All it takes is one broken ankle to make the annoying phone become your best friend.

Addition: all it takes is an annoying phone to get a broken ankle from your best friend.

Last edited by Kitsune; 01-18-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #26
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The whole "you'll have to email the pictures to get them out of your phonecam" is typical shortsighted corporate BS. Money-grubbing scumbags. They're my pics...why can't I get at 'em like any other digital camera?
Old 01-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
I bet your campmates just loved you.

"It's it just beautiful out here? The trees, the moon, the glow of the campfire, th--" Breep! Breeeep! Breeep! "...the incoming phone calls and text messages..."[/size]
Damn straight they did. I was able to get weather reports via my GPRS connection. Weather reports become critical when you have to keep a sacred fire burning non-stop, even in the rains, or the whole show folds up it's tents.

I didn't get a lot of incoming calls. Most of the people who would ordinarily call me were at the campsite, and I kept it on the "notify with single beep" option rather than having it blast the Theme from Twin Peaks at max volume.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #28
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i have the black razr. best phone i ever had. goes right in my shirt pocket at work, battery lasts a solid 4 or 5 days, nice big screen, good pics....and here's the thing: when you open it up, and hold it up to your ear.....it feels like a real fucking phone! it's wider than most cell phones, and longer when it's open. sound is good, the speaker phone works well enough. no problem browsing contacts, sparkz...i DO just press the down button to get my contacts list ( i think you can assign different things to this button....you might just not have yours ste that way) i give it an A. The only thing that bugs me about it is that it has 2 glass displays that show every earprint or finger smudge.......(constantly polishing it with my tie)....
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #29
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
...The only thing that bugs me about it is that it has 2 glass displays that show every earprint or finger smudge.......(constantly polishing it with my tie)....
I got a holographic sticker for the outside and a clear sheet for the inside.

The holograms are fairly transparent when the outside screen is on and look pretty cool when the outside screen is dark. Here's one for you Philly guys.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #30
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

I dont like voice dialing, it drives me crazy and i end up saying the name 10 times before the phones even wake up, I'll defo have to take the time to read the book and try to set my "down" button to my contacts list, when i press down i get my recent call list.