The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-22-2005, 10:37 PM   #31
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Sounds like anywhere else is better than there. Good luck.

On a similar (but much less violent) note, Kelove is coming home may 4.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #32
mrnoodle
bent

This wasn't worth a new thread, but it's good for a snicker
Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #33
wolf
lobber of scimitars

That is good indeed. It's important research, though. We've had one taser death (2 days after use, and there was cocaine involved) and another guy who had to spend a week on a Cardiac Care Unit to keep him from dying in our hospital. Anecdotally it seems a good call to blame the cocaine.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #34
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I have to side with PETA on this. I don't see the advantage of using pigs. We have so many criminals, after all. What did the pig ever do to deserve that?

Deaths from Taser use should never happen because the Taser should not have to be used. A police officer says Stop! you stop. that's it. Period. Don't run, fight or argue.
If you are placed under arrest, don't struggle, cooperate. It's easier that way. If a police officer wants to arrest you, he (or she) will. It may take several more officers to do it, but they will do it. One way or another.

And drugs shouldn't be a factor because you shouldn't use drugs at all. Drugs are bad, mmmkay? If you use drugs and then have to be detained, you deserve whatever happens to you, including dying. The drugs can do that all by themselves, you don't need police to kill you. If one is willing to flirt with the Grim Reaper by using illegal drugs, they shouldn't be surprised when it flirts right back.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #35
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
It was her plan that my friend should continue to live with herself and her sisters, as a spinster for the rest of her days, waiting on these women hand and foot, being their driver, and nursing them through their final illness.
Sounds like a good plan.
All she has to do is make sure she's in the will then arrange the "final illness".
Old 05-05-2005, 12:39 AM   #36
wolf
lobber of scimitars

With respect the taser deaths ... every single police officer or correctional officer who is certified to use the taser has been shot with the taser.

Sometimes more than once.

There are not a lot of dead police officers.

Something other than the taser deployment is killing these people. QED.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:42 AM   #37
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Update on the security precautions! The only brake cleaner available seems to be the Chinese counterfeit gunk, in a can as big as a construction worker's thermos bottle. She finally found something of quality in an expat store. Her aunt wants to know why she needs so much brake cleaner, but we ain't talking The pepper spray and stunner goes in the next care package.

As for Bruce's comment about "final illness", you have no idea how cogent that is. Two things usually happen to elderly people in the Phils, and neither is pleasant, which is why they plan ahead to have somebody bound to them inextricably as caretakers. First scenario is that after years of either viciously abusing or irrationally spoiling their children, one of them tricks the parent into signing a power of attorney. Then the next thing the old people know, somebody is evicting them from the house which the son or daughter sold after cleaning out all the bank accounts. That happened to at least 2 of my friend's grandfather's siblings. The other endgame is that the elderly parent has a spouse who basically cuts them off from care, even feeding, once they get too feeble to stand up and fight. Usually by that time a lover has been moved into the house, or the stronger spouse has taken up with a live-in servant who was hired to care for the sick spouse. Together, the lovers eliminate the spouse by neglect, then seize all the assets, cutting off any of the children who might be protesting. Then the servant/lover quickly does away with the old reprobate and ends up with EVERYTHING, sometimes accomplished by moving in their entire family to take over the house and crowd out the original owner and master. As the world turns, the Philippines is not a healthy place to grow old. But you know what? The arrogant and cruel behavior of those people over many years is what makes even their own children plan for years to get rid of them. It is almost like they guarantee that because of their behavior at the top of the food chain, they will ultimately be devoured.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:18 AM   #38
russotto
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR
I have to side with PETA on this. I don't see the advantage of using pigs. We have so many criminals, after all. What did the pig ever do to deserve that?
Better we should use police officers.

Quote:
Deaths from Taser use should never happen because the Taser should not have to be used. A police officer says Stop! you stop. that's it. Period. Don't run, fight or argue.
If I think the cop is going to beat the shit out of me anyway, I'm going to take my chances. Better to take the beating after an attempt to escape than, during the beating, to regret NOT trying to escape.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #39
mrnoodle
bent

Your beating will be far, far worse if you endanger the lives of the officers and innocent bystanders by making them chase you. Once you've demonstrated that a nice "Please stop and put your hands up" isn't enough to convince you, they have to decrease the niceness of their asking.

or something.