The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2003, 09:51 PM   #1
TrenchMouth
Someone else is going to come and clean it up

An Ethical Question On Gaming...

Me and a few guys are doing a project for an ethics class. The crux of our project deals with ethics in gaming, particularly Halo (when playing multiplayer). What i would like to know from anyone intelligent enough to answer without saying 'omg halo is teh suk lolz', is whether or not you think screen cheating is ethical or unethical.

This doesnt have to be exclusive to Halo, any multi-player FPS that you can play on a console where screen cheating is involved will do. Do you get mad when people screen cheat? Do you and the people you play w/ exact revenge on a person that does? Do you get mad when people use weapons like the RL when it is widely accepted that using the lesser powerful weapons require more skill?

The project is for real, so any real input would be great. So there you have it, is screen cheating ethical? Do you expect people to screen cheat, or is it something that you expect people not to do? its as simple as that. Thanks for the input.

Tags
videogames