The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #136
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

fwiw this forum software does not currently have support for banning of gifs or griffs.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #137
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Howabout glyphs?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #138
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

or spliffs?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #139
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm starting to think BD is someone's sock puppet. Or at least, someone we've met here before maybe? Does anyone else get that feeling?

Gosh this is so confusing.

I vote no to avatars. I don't think they help to recognise anyone. I'd only plop a pic of my head up if they were compulsory, and I really don't see that happening. I'd choose the no avatar format if both options were available.

Question for UT. If we had the avatar option, would that mean it'd cost more to run the cellar?

btw, I wonder if BD has discovered the tip jar yet.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #140
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I'm starting to think BD is someone's sock puppet. Or at least, someone we've met here before maybe? Does anyone else get that feeling?

Gosh this is so confusing.

I vote no to avatars. I don't think they help to recognise anyone. I'd only plop a pic of my head up if they were compulsory, and I really don't see that happening. I'd choose the no avatar format if both options were available.

Question for UT. If we had the avatar option, would that mean it'd cost more to run the cellar?

btw, I wonder if BD has discovered the tip jar yet.
No, I'm no one's sock puppet nor have I ever been here before. However, I do have to say that this is one of the most unwelcoming forums I have ever been on. No one has made me feel welcome with the exception of one or two members. Then I get a PM from someone here asking me to remove the flags in my signature because they are too distracting. Now I'm called someone's sock puppet or saying that I am a previous member that has been banned or left or whatever. I'm above games like that. I looked to see how many new members have recently joined here and there were quite a few, but only one in the past few months decided to stick around. Now I can see why.

Undertoad...please delete the pics I have posted in the 80's hair thread, the RFN thread and the pet thread. I have no desire to post here anymore.
BrilliantDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #141
Aliantha

I'm sorry. It's just that you really remind me of someone else, but I just can't put my finger on who. Maybe it's because you are as you say, totally new to this forum.

Don't leave because of a few questions. That's just people trying to get to know you.

I thought it seemed that plenty of people welcomed you in your intro thread. We've had the discussion about avatars around here lots of times before and it's always ended up not going ahead because it just would seem out of place or something like that here. Do a search on the avatar word and you'll find them. Most people just don't agree that they're necessary that's all. It's the same deal with the signatures. most people just keep them small.

At the cellar, we care what's on the inside of your post, not all the pretty frills on the outside.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #142
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Wait, what? I've seen people be welcoming towards you. I'd like to think I was one of them.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #143
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

I'd like to think so too, Dana.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #144
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

I said there were one or two members that did make me feel welcome. And my intro thread had promise which made me come back, however not all in that thread were welcoming. Also, I sent some friendly visitor messages but no one had the decency to reply to any them. It seems you all like your tightly knit community and newcomers are not considered anything until they somehow prove themselves. I don't work that way.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #145
Aliantha

That's a bit dramatic don't you think?

BTW, where's my visitor message? how come only some people got them and not all? That's not very nice is it?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #146
monster
I hear them call the tide

No-one looks at visitor messages. If you actually took the advice on joining this forum -sit down, look around, get the feel of the place brfore jumping in with both feet, that might have registered. We don't do "Bells and Whistles" ANY of them -even if they are technically available. You weren't welcomed? Bullshit. You weren't fawned over, true. You wanna fit in, quit whining and attention whoring and post stuff with body. Sure, we all post frivolous shit, but that isn't what we're all about. If you missed that, you didn't look hard enough. Leaving? Don't let the door hit you in the ass because this cellar door is tornado-proof and packs a mighty buttfuck in the mouth.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #147
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
No-one looks at visitor messages. If you actually took the advice on joining this forum -sit down, look around, get the feel of the place brfore jumping in with both feet, that might have registered. We don't do "Bells and Whistles" ANY of them -even if they are technically available. You weren't welcomed? Bullshit. You weren't fawned over, true. You wanna fit in, quit whining and attention whoring and post stuff with body. Sure, we all post frivolous shit, but that isn't what we're all about. If you missed that, you didn't look hard enough. Leaving? Don't let the door hit you in the ass because this cellar door is tornado-proof and packs a mighty buttfuck in the mouth.
Fuck off bitch.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #148
monster
I hear them call the tide

That's nice.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #149
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

its Pam !!!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #150
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That's nice.
And well deserved.

Butt fuck in the mouth...fawned over...attention whoring...post stuff with body? You sound like a jealous bitch. Do you think I'm new to forums? Maybe you should spread your fucked up wings and look around the internet a little and you'll see this isn't how people are treated on forums that want decent members.