The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-21-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
theillegitimate
Questionist

Does this bikini make me look fat?

This picture has been around a while, but I thought it was worth showing again. I posted a blog on my site and figured I had better include my friends at the cellar in this world of pain.

A quote from married with childen, slightly altered:

"The bikini doesn't make you look fat. The fat makes you look fat."

If you would like you can also visit my site... please honor me.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:40 PM   #2
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Actually, I think the sun glasses make her look fat.

I looked at your site. The Chris Rock clip "How not to get your ass kicked" is hilarious. We need that clip to get more exposure.

(note: I apologize if my endorsement of the Chris Rock clip in any way offends anyone of any racial, ethnic, or musical background. This comment in no way promotes segregation, racism, or any other "Trent Lott-isms" or "Strom Thurmond-isms". )

Last edited by slang; 12-21-2002 at 07:42 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 08:53 PM   #3
wolf
lobber of scimitars

This woman is either extremely comfortable with herself, or extremely easily manipulated by the individual with the camera. (I'm going for option #2 at the moment.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:53 PM   #4
juju
no one of consequence

Yeah, isn't it awful that she appears to have self-confidence? Isn't that odd? Just what in the world is wrong with people these days, anyway?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:00 PM   #5
Tobiasly
hot

Or else they gave her ten bucks and a Twinkie.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:04 PM   #6
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Yeah, isn't it awful that she appears to have self-confidence? Isn't that odd? Just what in the world is wrong with people these days, anyway?
It isn't awful, but it <b>is</b> odd. Overweight people rarely do have great self confidence.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:42 PM   #7
juju
no one of consequence

Too true. Although wouldn't it be nice if they did?
Old 12-23-2002, 10:45 PM   #8
dave

Yep. There isn't much that's more inspiring (to me) than an overweight person who likes themself. It's so rare that it almost always touches me.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:02 PM   #9
jaguar
whig

Reminds me of fight club. Plenty of bars of soap in there.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:17 PM   #10
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
Yep. There isn't much that's more inspiring (to me) than an overweight person who likes themself. It's so rare that it almost always touches me.
I agree with your post here Dave but have 2 thoughts to add.

Overweight and obese have 2 different meanings. Almost everyone I know is overweight. That seems to be a symptom of the culture here. Obesity on the other hand, is becoming more common but is vastly different from being just overweight.

I believe a lot of obese people like themselves. Are they happy with the way their bodies look and the health problems they may have because of obesity? Not likely. Are they happy with their professional and personal lives, probably. Most of the obese people I know are just imbalanced. I mean they have habits that dont generally tend to their physical maintenance requirements. They are (IMO) more likely to be over 30 and hold graduate degrees and be more involved in their work.

(slang is 6'-2" at 230 lbs and wears 38 inch waist jeans. Obese? You decide by the numbers.)

Last edited by slang; 12-23-2002 at 11:20 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:30 PM   #11
juju
no one of consequence

I don't think I've ever met an obese person that liked themself. Usually it's beaten out of them by our culture.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:55 PM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have to agree with slang here.

In fact, I'm one of those over 30 people with a graduate degree who are too wrapped up in their work ...

I go back and forth on the amount of effort I put into the personal maintenance ... I know I have to just get my ass off the computer and out of the house and do the work, but finding the time to do it is often an issue.

Even something as simple as managing your diet, much less exercising adequately, becomes complex when you don't have what approaches being a regular schedule.

Generally, though, I do feel good about myself, but I DO feel better when I make that extra effort, and see the results.

Over the last couple of years I've lost about 130-140 lbs. (yes, really ... Richard Simmons RULES, people.) I have more to go yet ... and dammit, I'm going to do it. For me. And frankly, I don't care much what most other people think about me. I'm doing this for myself.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 06:49 PM   #13
theillegitimate
Questionist

America today has turned into a factory where we produce laziness as ironic as that sounds.

We focus on the fastest, easiest and most efficient way to do just about everything. As a result we come up with a lot of cool things, but we also become lazy. We live in a world of elevators and escalators. It has been in just the last 80 years this has become such a huge issue. You don't see pictures like this in the history books.

The fact of the matter is that we label everything as a disorder or ailment and move on with life. It is our way of writing it off and giving up a lot of times. Staying healthy and fit is something that requires effort. You don't need a gym pass to be thin. It is as simple as doing small things which can help...

Park in the farthest place in the parking lot and walk into the store.

Take the stairs to your 3rd floor desk, hell take the stairs to your 10th floor desk.

Ride the exercise bike while watching Jerry Springer and take comfort in knowing that you are not as screwed up as they are.

Anyway... that's my two cents.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:31 PM   #14
juju
no one of consequence

Or, stop eating when you're full.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:48 PM   #15
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

I saw this video of that woman eating an entire turkey at one of my previous jobs.

She seemed quite pleased with herself being able to eat it, and even mentions that it was good that they didn't have company or there wouldn't have been enough to go around.

The health-conscious part of my freaks out at sites like that, but the more reasonable side says what the hell, if they're okay with it.